1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3MJD Emotion Pk 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Cuty Red, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Done Srini .. Sent you the SMS. Was soo involved in tfi that i missed few calls ..
  2. Friends ,
    A little concern for me .

Today I travelled around 140 kms one side and I set the trip B meter to check my car mileage and avg speed .

Around 120 kms it was on smooth NH where most of the time I was travelling @ 90-120 kmph . and Around remaining 20 odd kms it was in city traffic , mostly in 3rd -4th gear ( 20 - 50 kmph).

Now after reaching home when I checked the trip B data i was surprised ,

AvSpdB showed 49 km/h and
    AcB showed just 5.7 l/100

It means that I am getting just 5.7 kmpl ? Isnt it too low ?

Is it beacuse my car is very new and currently my odo reading is only 673 kms total .

Or is it because of my driving style ? In free road I dont mind driving fast.But being a new car i didnt go above 120kmph .

Or because of the quality of diesel that I used is bad ?

Also the city road was too bad and because of rain water was not able to judge the depth of few craters and as a reason my beauty got few underbelly hits .Need to check it in detail tomorrow morning.
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    LOL Buddy you got a very good mileage. It is showing 5.7 litres per 100 km. That actually means that you got a FE of (100/5.7) 17.54 per litre. It is very good.. :cool:

And do not drive the vehicle upto 120. Short burst are fine though. For that speed you would have touched around 2700-3000 RPM. Keep the car below 2000 - 2200 for the first 2000 atleast. 4000 is ideal.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Nothing to worry, It's showing 5.7 KM/Per 100 KMS. You need to change the units within the car and you should be able to see KMPL.
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @cuty Red, as you said ''AcB showed just 5.7 l/100'' so firstly go to menu & change option ''units'' to ''kmpl''. AcB 5.7 l/100 is not by kmpl unit. On your dash board at right side of steering wheel you'll find those buttons.
    I would say let your car go through run-in period. For short time pushing her till 120kmph is no harm but it'll be best if you keep that range till 100kmph for 20000kms.
    About FE issue again your car is new, just 673kms. So dont look for it right this moment. Let yor engine open up. After 3k kms she will start giving amazing FE figures.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  6. Aaah .. That was what .. Thanks Srini for the clarification . You really saved my sleep .

Yeah as you said on that day I will make sure that it is not constantly touching 3000 rpm . Most of the time I will b travelling at exactly 2000 rpm .. I never tried to push it soo hard .
    But you know .. good roads and such a reliable car does make us do these things at times .

Ajit

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Sure Suresh ..That will be the first thing I will do tomorrow morning . :)

Ajit

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Thanks Tron for the steps .
    Because I use to check the mileage almost during every pit stop .So seing a good mileage will ensure many many things .
    should justify my driving style and also mainly allows me to keep my belief on the ioc outlet intact :)

Sure Tron .. This was the first day that I allowed her to go beyond 2000 rpm .

Ajit
  7. Friends ,
    Today I got my free mud flaps after almost 18 days of delivery of vehicle.
    Also got the small rubber stud that is placed @ driver side to reduce the impact while closing the door . I was never expecting this item from the sales people .
    And the plastic flap on the bonnet which was unlocked during the delivery of vehicle , they locked that too . Another surprise.

So overall a pretty good experience @ sales department .

Ajit
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  8. Stickers added

Friends ,
    I was thinking to put stickers on my car for some time .. But being lazy every week end I will plan it for next weekend.

Atlast went ahead today and got it done.. Pretty happy with their effort .But the way that they used the pen knife to level the stickers on car , I got scared . Got 2 very small scratches because of this . These are the pics .

Total dent : 1600 / -

Comments are most welcome ..

sticker rite side
    rt-side.jpg

tfi sticker - courtesy to ramesh
    tfi.jpg

scorpion rite side
    scorp-rt-side.jpg

diesel
    diesel.jpg
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    1) Scorpion logo should be vertically stretched or horizontally squeezed
    2) Please remove that Diesel sticker.

I hope you dont mind cause of these comments :)
  10. Kedar Bhai,

1) Scorpion logo should be vertically stretched or horizontally squeezed
    Aah .. thanks for pointing that out kedar bhai .. The left one is vertically stretched .. 2 guys were sticking it .. and i was at left side !! didnt realised this till you pointed it ! will be changed asap ..
    2) Please remove that Diesel sticker.
    Yaar .. I was also thinking twice before sitcking it. But last time the guy @ pump was damn careless that he took the petrol one even after I came out and said to him that it is diesel .From that moment i was planning to do something . Sometimes I think that we should put one in regional language too :D .But that will look awkward .
    I hope you dont mind cause of these comments :)
    Ofcourse i do mind comments from my friends :) But in a positive way .

Ajit