1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3MJD Emotion Pk 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Cuty Red, Nov 5, 2011.

1. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Congratulations dude on your RED PUNTO. I'm glad to see one more REDBULL just like Mine :) and proud to say it's the best choice of cars in the segment. I just wanna know what is that "H" in the first post set of pics in Dashboard Console? I never noticed as such in my car till date. Just curious to know.
  2. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

@ TheDrifter

A. ODOMETER READING- It should be less than 100Km and ideally less than 50km. In case of our FIAT cars, they come from factory with a "H" being displayed near the Odo(pic attached separately- Pic1). It is best if it is written at the time of PDI. What happens is that the odo can run 200Km with "H" after which this "H" disappears and odo resets to zero for one final time after which it can't be reset. A dealer might use a car for test drive and then reset the odo. Be advised though that if you don't see "H" at the time of PDI, it does not mean that this car has been used for Test Drive upto 200Km. More on that later. After you are sure that you will pick this vehicle and are satisfied with the PDI, it is better to reset the Odo by pressing the trip button for about 10seconds. "H" will disappear and from now on every KM driven by this car will be noted permanently by the odo(no chance of this car being used for test drives if your delivery date is still 4-5 days away).

Ref : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/faqs-upda...ecific-pdi-checklist-download-new-format.html
  3. Thanks Venkat for the explanation .. Was out for few hrs.. so didnt checked the post ... :)

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Thanks Brother for the wishes .. Yeah as you suggested I am enjoying the drive now .Just calling them every day asking about the mud flap because i need that and during rain it is very useful ..

Ajit
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    usually the dealer will not allow you to reset, unless the car has been invoiced to you. it will hamper his chances of selling it to someone else in case you refuse the car.
  5. Yeha they wont allow till you pay the full amount :)

Infact I rest it just after the puja .. It was jsut beacuse I forgot to reset it during delivery and after puja I was just experimenting with few switches ..
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Did that guy did a good job. This is the first time I am engaging him even though I have seen him work in my car with 3M polishing? What is your opinion? Is the installation done professionally?
  7. The job was good. Saw few very small bubbles ( total around 4 -5 ) on all the windows put together . They are so small to even find out . So thought to leave it .Or is it dangerous to leave it as such ? I dont have much knowledge about it .
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Bake it in sun for a day. They will go off. They are normal unless very big.
  9. That is a very easy work for me . Just have to take off the covers tomorrow morning and the car will be baked . So easy for me since I dont have a covered car parking . Hope by tomorrow afternoon I can give a good update .

BTW that person said that he can do the Windshield also at home . But he quoted 7K for that which I think is on little higher side . But for windows it was a very wonderful deal .

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Friends ,

Also I was planning to put some black strips on my beauty as shown in this pic: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/introduce-yourself/3806-2-years-exotica-red-punto-mjd.html

Looks simple and elegant. Any suggestions ?
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    SMS his mobile number to me if you have it. Let me check with the source guy and him tomorrow. If possible, let us bargain for two cars / three if my brother agrees for his figo.

My suggestion would be enjoy your beauty without any mods for some time. You have to grow on it. The more you grow, the more you will have ideas to beautify her.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011