1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3MJD Emotion Pk 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Cuty Red, Nov 5, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Ajit, any updates?
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Dear Ajit, Sorry for what happened.. :-(
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ajit,

How are they saying that their insurance liability is only Rs. 3.2 Lacs? Is there anything written in Policy to this effect? If not ask them to either pass the claim or give in writing that their liability is only Rs. 3.2 Lacs or take their offer in writing of 70% i.e. Rs. 2.02 Lacs & you can sell the car.

If there is some such clause in policy then is it applicable only because it was Free Insurance? or is it applicable to any policy purchased in market from them?
  4. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Sorry to know...

My experience : Always go with Government owned traditional insurance companies...

Like : New India... or United India....

At the time of my car purchase I declined insurance offer from dealer and got it done from United India....by my own.

Having good experience about my last car "Swift"

Anicaution
    1 person likes this.
  5. Sorry Friends .. It is long time since i checked this thread.

The latest update is that they are still forcing me to repair my car and I am not ready to do that since it is very risky and the body shop person mentioned that they cant even guarentee 80% perfection in this work .

Regards Ajit

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Hi Bro,
    Problem is that they are not ready to declare my car as total loss. It is very disappointing act from them. They even sent the salvage people to see my car initially mentioning that the car has to be declared total loss . After sending 2 salvage team to see my car , yesterday they even rejected that they didnt sent any salvage people. I never expected such a behaviour from FG. This is pure cheating from them. . Atleast I expected them to behave like professionals.
    Now they suddenly from thin air found out that my car is "Easily Repairable" and the insurance liability is only 3.2 lakhs. If i dont want to repair they will give the cash less option in which i can get 2.05 lakhs from them and then i can decide what to do with my car.

Ajit

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Tony ,
    It is very disappointing act from FG. After dealing with few of FG people here ,now i feel that they are a bunch of cheaters whose primary aim is to make some profit. I have lost faith in FG just because of these few people.

Ajit
  6. If you are getting 2.05 from the insurance company,and you said that some one wanted to buy your car for 2.5L so you will be getting a total of 4.6L approx.
    I think this is a better option than to stay with a car which is 80% perfect...

Another option is to get your car repaired,where you are spending close to 1L,and then if you are not satisfied with it,you can sell off the car..You can expect atleast 5L from the car.But still you will be loosing more...

So I think you should sell this car(its very hard for you),but still you will be happy at the end of the day..
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ajit,

I know it's rather late and you would have done it most probably but I suggest following:

1. Get TASC opinion that car is not repairable to its "manufacturing" condition. It will not come back to the status it should be. If possible take such written opionis from 2-3 TASC's
    2. I presume FG has not given you any decision in writing. In that case, shoot a letter by Regd AD asking them about thair final decision attaching opinions from 2-3 TASC's.
    3. Mention the discussion you would have had with FG officials and them asking you to repair it whereas earlier they sent Salvage team (Is there any way that you get a quotation from Salvage persons which mentions that they have been referred/ sent by FG?)
    4. In your letter (and in TASC opinion letters), if there is any safety issue in repairing & using this car, highlight it as safety to family.
    5. Discuss with someone in authority in FG who is dealing with your case that it is doing all these for 1-2-3 lacs rupees and you've a potential to propagandize on Internet and you can easily convert 30-50 or more potential FG customers to another insurance company on this experience. This could be a very high loss of biz to FG.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What ever VP has suggested makes more sense to me too. Do everything in written format rather than phone or in-person discussion with FG.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Will there be any effect if Ajit file a complaint at IRDA. FG cannot function the way they want.
    Was there any complaint written to top officials of FG indicating the issue?
  10. Hi VP ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. The insurance process is still going on. So it is never late.

FG has given to me writing that the car has to be repaired since the repair estimate prepared by them is 3.2 lakhs.Once I replied rejecting this offer mentioning safety concerns for my family, they sent a mail mentioning about the cash less option of 2.05 lakhs. That also I rejected saying that I cannt accept that option. Next week they are supposed to get back to me with next option.

I have cc-ed the claims senior manager and the regional manager of FG in my mails. Also cced regional heads of Tata and higher officials of FIAT also in the mail.

I will talk to the TASC bodyshop people to provide me a letter mentioning that the car is not repairable to manufacturing condition. But honestly I dont think that they will give me such a mail. Ican check with Salvage team too. But again for these two people I am one of 100s of customers they have to face.

Few moderators of MFW also conveyed to the higher officials of FG about our potential`as a form. But when I talked to the regional manager and senior claims manager what I felt is that they are least bothered about the damage that can cause through forums. Trust me , I have talked to both these people alteast 20 -30 times till now.

The claims manager even said to me that my car is "easily repairable". That statement alone shows how much they care about the safety of passengers. I really feel pitty when Isee that these people are doing this much just to save around 1-1.3 lakh rs.

Regards
    Ajit

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Very true Ramesh. Now all the communication is via email.

Regards
    Ajit

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Sun,
    This thursday when I talked to the Claims Senior Manger he said that he has forwarded the mail that we sent to their corporate office and said that he will update to me by monday.

Regards
    Ajit
    1 person likes this.