1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3MJD Emotion Pk 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Cuty Red, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Hi Ravi .. From Service center team , I came to know today that the final estimate came to around 9 Lk . It took more than 2 weeks for them to prepare the estimate.The reason is that there are a lot of parts that has to be changed and they have to find the part number and prepare the estimate . I am yet to get a scanned copy of the same so that I can confirm on the same .. Also they informed me that they have talked to the insurance surveyor about the same . So again waiting to hear from the insurance team too on the same. Hope that by this week something will get confirmed ..

Ajit
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    9lakhs? WTF !! Then you ll easily get the total loss claim without any hassles !!! my friends 90hp which was also in a similar condition to yours, (sandwiched b/w 2 trucks) got the work done at 4.5 Lakhs . He was just 20k short of 75% of IDV amount which was necessary to make it total loss..

so when are you going to book the new punto ? Got relieved of the shock yet ?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very difficult to say how they calculated, do share the scanned copy once you receive.

Looks it will go for total loss.
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Ajit , why don't you get the money from insurance getting certificate as car cannot be used and buy new punto just an opinion , If your investment is more than covered insurance that will be the best option.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    hi ajit, i would advise you to try to have all the communication with SC and insurance on paper/emails. we never know when these guys take an about turn with regards to their verbal promises.
    Although yours looks like a clear case of total loss but the insurance guys might just try to label it as net off salvage where they will ask you to surrender the keys and registration.
    if the ins guys agree to call it total loss then you will be eligible for full IDV from them and road tax refund of the balance amount from RTO.
  6. On seing the car itself the service center guy and body shop wala said that the car can NEVER be brought back to original condition since the shell has shrinked and engine also got into very bad shape .
    So they were also suggeting that total loss is the best option .

Once Tensigh ( Tafe Service Center) mentioned that car can never brought back to original condition even my mind was thinking for total loss ( with what ever exta lakh loss I have to suffer to buy a new one) because I will not be having enough confidence to go for long trips with my family and wont be having the courage to test the engine limits on open stretch..

Even the insurance surveyor too mentioned that it is better to go for total loss ( I am surprised to hear this from him ) . The reason he said is the same as above and he also said that it will tke ages to get all the parts that has to be replaced.

As far as i think the new 90 hp sport variant is not value for money .And now I got addicted to 93 hp and cant think of buying a new car which offers less power. It is better to go for a linea dynamic by spending ~1.5 lk extra . What you say ? ;)

Even I am waiting for that estimate Ravi . Will share it as soon as i get it .

Vijay , I believe that once the insurnace team gets the estimate , they will do some subtractions ( adjustments) and then still if it come to more than 75% of IDV , then they will declare total loss . And being in India , these steps are supposed to take few weeks /months atleast :)

So just waiting to hear from these people..

Ajit
    2 people like this.
  7. It feels very bad to get into such a sticky situation for no fault of yours.
    But as long as you and your family are safe,maybe you will loose lot of money but atleast sleep peacefully at night.

One thing what happened to the truck driver?did he get any thrashing??
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Go for Linea dynamic as it has all safety features of emotion.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry Ajit, I saw this thred later, Thank God that you and your wife are safe. Thanks to Ramesh, Teky and others for helping you to come out from this situation fastly.

For Car, if I am not wrong Linea Dynamic are Earlier Emotion Pack model; so you will get all features. Linea Emotion are now same as TJET+ ( Except T Jet Engine & Rear Disc Brake).

You can check also if you can get rest of amount from Truck Owner. They have to pay the rest if damage done by them. Check with Police & other capable lawyers too.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Sorry to hear about your car. Glad that nobody was hurt.
    I'd say go for the T Jet.