1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3MJD Emotion Pk 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Cuty Red, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    The car was insured for 6.49 lacs. The ex showroom price being 7 lacs. That comes to around 92%
  2. linealover ,

here police had sent the lorry to RTO for break test .. But break was working perfectly fine .. That we saw @ RTO while they were testing it . So this is 100% negligence driving.

As you said this free insurance is just for name sake .... For my car the IDV is 6.49lk. But waiting for the decision from insurance people and the service center ..

Thanks for the above info sundu ..

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    actual IDV is 6.65,till the car completes 365 days

but they given for 6.49,so difference of RS16000 is what they charge for their insurance,yet they give us like freebies.

so it is a gimmick.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Horrifying pictures Ajit, couldn't imagine such a impact. Thank stars and god for keeping you safe.

Do update the status on claim and if in need buzz us, did you get any lawyer connect or is it a waste of time?

5. Suresh ,
    I talked to our ananth and one of my frnd who is a lawyer and deals in the accident case .

Both confirmed the following ..

1.Since no one is injured and an FIR is already raised against the driver there is no point in putting another case . It will be waste of time . Because as of now only loss is car and insurance will cover it .

2.If the car is declared total loss and if i dont get 100% IDV then we can raise a case for the same.

So waiting for the confirmation from service people regarding estimate and also from the insurance team about their decision . They were supposed to update me by today evening ..

I called tensing and he said that he will get back to me . So just waiting waiting ...

But the logic of IDV as total loss is pretty disturbing .. Here IDV is 6.49 lk for my car and if i want to get a new one I have to spend atleast another 2 lk even if I get 100% IDV .

If it was my mistake i dont mind taking that loss .. But for no mistake of mine , I have to run behind these people for few months for the insurance claim ... 3 days of body pain ... and approx 2 lakh Rs loss to get a new car..

And thanking GOD for keeping my family safe ...

Ajit
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Ajit,
    Just now i saw your thread,horrifiying pic.that was a major accident.Thank God all are safe.
    During such accidents we always be in trauma, 'what to do next' is totally out of our thinking and you have done the right thing by calling the freinds/tfi members.
    Hope you get the charm very soon with god's blessings.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Hmm, Unfortunately that's how the rule is enforced in India. Supreme Court goes ahead and bans all the sun films, Tiger reserves etc but where one person has did a grave mistake is walking away with just INR 500 fine. I'll recommend you talking to another Lawyer to see if there is anything feasible at all to confesticate the vehicle, after all they have committed a mistake and can't walk away so cool.
  8. Sad to hear about the accident!! But good to hear you guys are safe...I would recommend you to solve the issue with the insurance guys....Indian law is a waste of time, money and peace.....
    I wish you to get back to you normal life soon...
    Cheers to TFI members teky and ramjn...
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Ajit no worries,remaining money in the hands of RTO,having said that it takes hell lot of time yet you need to apply and forget.
    things will happen afterwards, on contrast if you don't apply for it.
  10. Thanks Sundu .. Just waiting to hear from the service center and the insurance people ..

Ajit

Ganges,
    Exactly I was in the same situation and our beloved friends came rusing for my help ..

Ajit

Suresh,
    Problem is that no one got injured . And as per our law my only loss is my car (funny!!) and insurance people will take care of it . Even if we raise a second case against the driver they will ask their insurance ppl to look after it and as we know these insurance people are linked up ...

Thanks raajravi ...

Ajit