1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3MJD Emotion Pk 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Cuty Red, Nov 5, 2011.

1. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

I am really very sad and heart broken after seeing the pics... Its pretty unfortunate to get into this kind of situation...
    Dont worry, you car will be back in shape soon....
  2. pdranjith

pdranjith Novizio

Chennai
    When Ramjn n Teky called, I thought it would be minor accident, but when I reached the spot, was shell shocked to see the Punto crushed...thankfully! to even see CutyRed and his better half standing without a single scratch made me happy somehow, no wonder the truck driver ran away.

What pissed me off to the core was the amount of pain that CutyRed had to undergo for no fault of his, though the authorities were quite responsive, everyone had their own agenda. The way the tow truck guy messed around with car made me want to hit him...it would have caused red more pain than the accident itself and he also charged exorbitantly which was justified by him saying he was engaged by the SI.

Also, we did see the owners of the Truck at the RTO, but they never bothered to apologize or enquire about the occupants of the car even after seeing the state of the car at the RTO...anyways expecting that kind of a behavior is stupid on my part I guess. As for the damage to the truck, all that it had lost was its left indicator and a bent bumper on the left, max max spending 2k would fix it I guess.

Seriously, CutyRed should thank his stars and the airbags for coming out unscathed from such an accident, I only wish our government or the SC makes it mandatory for all car makers to have Airbags in all their versions.
    2 people like this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ouch. That's a nasty accident. Praying to god that you & your wife are safe, Ajit
    And all these happened with no fault of yours. Stupid truckies. What did the police do to the truck driver?
  4. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Just saw your thread and I am shocked :eek:

Just can't believe this. Very sad to see the pictures. Can't even imagine what would have happened if it was any Tata, Maruti or a honda car.

The good part was that you and your better half are alright. My prayers for the speed recovery of you and your car. Hope to see your car back to the life. Kudos to the TFIAN members who rushed to help you :up
  5. No idea puntosat ... It will take atleast a month to have a final decision on what to do as per the insurance surveyor .. And then another 2 months for closing it ..

Ajit

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Amit ,

Rules in india is indeed wonderful .. Give a 500 rs fine and you can crush even a car worth a crore . Wonderful law ... !!!

No wonder that these truck guys drive this rashly on road ... I cant blame them ..

Ajit

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Ranjith ,
    I am having a lot of patience and I am not good in bargaining too .. And with that blank mind @ that situation if you were not there it would have been a totall mess ..

I dont think that there will be any law which makes mandatory for airbags.. In that case Maruti / Tata / Hyundai will haveto stop their sales in India ..

Ajit

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Thanks Venkat .. Now just thanking GOD for keeping my family safe..

Ajit
  6. No words to explain our shock.
    I just saw this thread, shared the news with my wife- and soon we both were so much relieved to see u and ur wife were fully intact and ur daughter was safe elsewhere. So thankful to god, our friends who stood along giving support when most needed and to the car which saved u in that moment.
  7. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Indeed yes, just was sharing the news with wifey... everyone is safe, thats what matter most end of the day.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Glad to see that You are safe ajit...Truly punto is one tough car to break !! Hope you come out of the Shock quickly.
    There was a rule once when all the trucks should have an Iron bar at the rear to prevent smaller cars from going under it, trucks after that are coming with it from factory while most of the older trucks still havent fixed that.. n i think this truck wasnt equipped with one. The impact at the front wouldnt have been so bad if it was there. Indian judiciary is the worst in the world i would say....
    I was also in a similar state last year, when i was rammed by a truck who slept off on the wheels n banged head on.. I survived miraculously cos of punto. The police allowed the truck to go off immediately after they came when the owner came n handed him some bribe telling he has too urgently unload the cargo for a plane leaving in some minutes.. and was asked to come next day . they tried their best to evade a case by "Settling" it with ourselves. Finally we fell for it and settled for a meagre sum of 5k as we ll get full insurance as it was almost new and moreover the car was in mother's name (who might have to go to court n cases in that case)!!! Some friends are running behind such a case for years without any lead and finally they'd paid some meagre amount which wouldnt even suffice for the time and money spent on the court case and other expenses. I realised then that, accidents can happen for no fault of ours. I was emotionally n mentally down for almost a month after that as it was my first car n my first accident..

Is there some relation with red 90 hp and similar accidents? Another fiatian here having Red 90hp hav met with a similar fate..rammed by truck from behind and went under another truck near bangalore and he brought it here for repair in a tow truck. It just got out of workshop!!!
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Generally law is very strict only if any of the occupants injured or died.
    police will enquire for any injury first,if yes then they deal accordingly otherwise they will neglect.that is why the owner and
    driver haven't bothered.

in worst case,they will confiscate the vehicle who rear end,driver will be punished with cancellation of license.

@pdranjith,appreciate your timely help throughout.

In case of total loss,insurance company will have to give the 100% IDV.also cuty red has to apply for refund of road tax from
    RTO office,since the above said vehicle will not be using the road for its remaining period of life post accident.
    he has to claim (15 minus no of years used) from RTO.though it takes lot of time never mind apply it now,even they neglect you can put a case.in such scenario ,court will ask them to repay the road tax amount + 24% interest from the date suppose to refund+expense incurred in conducting the case.

In addition to that i suspect that cuty's car was insured with less IDV,Reason might be free insurance from future generalli

if it is 95% of ex-showroom price then it is okay else foul play by dealer+insurance company in luring the customer.
    so TFIans aware of this less IDV when buying the new car with free insurance.since my linea was given a IDV value of
    7.8lakhs,after this every year IDV is going down the drain,its very hard to make it appreciate after initiating with less IDV.
  10. True Varun .. we have decided that our next car will also be punto . As I said earlier other cars too may be safe .. But now since this car has saved our life we decided to go ahead with the same brand ..

Red 90 hp and accidents .... No idea about it .. But now i think that I will go with a black one .. Let us wait and see what is going to happen for this one ..

Ajit