1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sumit, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    1.2 is great , fun & sweet to drive. what about 1.3 MJD? is it as smooth , refined and fun to drive as the 1.2. i guess 1.3 has more acceleration and pick-up. does 1.3 match 1.2 in performance??????????????/
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Sumit,
    the 1.2 FIRE & 1.3 MJD are totally different engines. the 1.2 runs on petrol, while the 1.3 on diesel oil.

So in other words to match the 1.2 & 1.3 in performance is completely irrelevant here..

BTW, yes the 1.3 MJD has more acceleration as it is a turbo charged engine; and also diesel cars have higher torque than a petrol car.
  3. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    To answer your other part Sumit, yes, I own a 1.3 MJD and I can tell you that its pretty smooth for a diesel engine.

Cheers,
    Vroom
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    thanks vroom. do u own a Punto MJD? is it sluggish below 2000 rpm as ppl tell. i felt 1.2 to be very smooth and acceleration is linear and smooth. how does yr MJD behave below 2000 rpm?
  5. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    Yes, I do own the MJD and so do loads and loads of members here on teamfiat. Its not sluggish at all. I go to a higher gear right after 1500 rpm and its great! Yes, the acceleration is linear and that's one of the reasons people say its sluggish. But I have not felt that at all.

Cheers,
    Vroom
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sumit,
    1.3MJD is not sluggish.. As long as you drive the car in the right RPM rage u get the max out of it.. Both FE and Performance..
    Inshort its a car which gives you FE when u need it and performance when u need it... Its upto u to decide what you need from it...

Ive been owning my MJD for 6Months(COMEPLETED 6MONTHS YESTERDAY) now and to be honest i simply need a reason to drive her around...
    Time has been as contrain for me or else would have been to the South with her driving thru...
    Its simply great to drive the MJD..

Infact all 3 engine varients are great at its place... SO you guys choose the one you like accordingly.
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    thankz guyz for yr inputs. to sum it up----Punto is great.