1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 Multi-Jet Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mohanrav, Jul 18, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations Mohan. By virtue of working for an automotive major, I can tell you this:

The engines are manufactured, tuned and tested independent of the vehicle. The engine number is assigned, based on when it was manufactured. The car itself is assembled, based on orders and demands and the VIN is generated, when the first component of the car gets on the assembly line. So, in all vehicles,not just cars, without exception, the engine will be manufactured before the car.

The car being a non-perishable product, I personally feel that this manufacturing date thing is a bit blown out of proportion.

Rajan

PS: I (my parents) migrated to Chennai when I was 60 days old :D. So, for all practical purposes, I am a chennaite, but grand parents used to live in Natesan Street, near Srirangam Railway Station.

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Mohan again.Thanx for posting a lot of pics filled with new Punto's:cool:.Good to know that SA Girish alloted you a new one when he got to know that you received an old VIN:p.
  3. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi All,

We got the vehicle today morning by 10 from Aadya Motors. Delivery experience was good. Filled up the tank and reached home few mins back.. Wow.. an Amazing experience.. Everybody at home liked the car.. All are happy.. :)

Vignesh one of our TFI member is also taking the delivery today. We thought we would take the deliveries together but SA informed him to come late it seems.. I tried his Mobile number and it is not reachable..

Some pics… IMG_0842.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

From side.. IMG_0843.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Dad taking the keys from Girish SA
    IMG_0844.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Reached home safely.. IMG_0850.jpg IMG_0851.jpg
    7 people like this.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Mohan for bringing home Red Hot Fiat Grande Punto.:pPics are Awesome
    1 person likes this.
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Congrats Mohan really it looks great in red (mine also is red)
    by the way you had good experience with aadya but for me it is completely opposite with them.
    happy and safe driving
    can you give any information about accessories and discount you got?
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, mohanrav. Explore and enjoy your precious Punto. :)
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and xplore the streets with the Punto.
    Get rid of the ribbons, any accesories in pipeline?
  8. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Congrats Mohan. Red does look really hot. What is the final OTR price ? Please share the break up if possible. What are the freebies you got ?
  9. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks Nadeem.. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Tony, Yes I removed the ribbons once I reached home.. :)
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Mohan. Your Punto looks HOTT. Take good care of her and she will serve you the best. Wish you Many happy munching miles ahead.