1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 Multi-Jet Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mohanrav, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Please ask them to not to do polishing to new car, with polishing even before you get your hands on the car there will be swirl marks.
  2. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks Mayur.. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a lot Rajan… I'm also from Srirangam.. :) Where in Srirangam? My house is in VasanthaNagar (behind Girls' high school)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a lot Nadeem.. Yeah that idea works.. I was doing the same thing yesterday.. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a lot Godhlur… It is a 2013 Punto.. Its a new story, I'll share it in couple of mins.. I thought of asking if TFI team members can assist me in PDI, but it would be difficult for the members to leave their work and come with me for my personal reasons.. I dint want to impose.. Also it is a such short notice.. Thats why..

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes sir, I told them not to polish it after seeing your post today morning but could not reply immediately as this forum is blocked at my work.. Thanks a lot..
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  3. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi All,,

Below is the reason how I'm able to get the vehicle much earlier..

I have joined a new company last month. To my surprise the company has a car lease policy and as per my designation I'm eligible for that. I compared the interest rates and discussed with my family.
    After the calculation we decided that it is better to buy a vehicle in Lease and opt for FBP under Car lease. The tenure is only for 3 years. Overall I would be paying 70,000 extra when I compare to the SBI loans for 3 years.
    We thought of booking the Dynamic Variant but after the EMI calculation, we decided that we would go for Active itself. It was a hard decision but we made it so that we can continue our savings for our House.
    Now we changed the dealer as I know the SA Girish for sometime and he was keep on checking with me for my interest to book the vehicle.. So far he had been very much helpful.
    My company took only 3 days to process it and everything is ready now. After I confirm the vehicle after PDI, Friday vehicle will be registered as per SA.

We are taking the delivery on Tuesday sep 24th.

I know there are lot of members suggested me to opt for Emotion over Dynamic but finally I decided to buy Active :( Sorry for this and this decision is taken considering other savings/expenses at home.. I really appreciate your suggestions and hope you would agree with me.

5 more days to go and counting...

Thanks again everyone.. :)
  4. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi all,
    Had been to PDI today and everything is fine except the below VIN.. :(
    MCA118A4E and the last 3 digits are BKZ..
    As per our codes 2012 engine code.. But BKZ says feb 2013.. I'am confused.. can someone help please..
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can you re-check the VIN again?

If it's BKZ, that seals it. It's a 2013 car.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    From our own reference list (page 1 of this thread), MCA118A4E means it's 2012 Engine. Since the manufacturing month & year says Feb 2013, does it just mean that the assembling in factory happened in 2013 Feb?:confused:
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Mohan i think its assembled in feb 2013 which means its a feb 2013 model.Fiat's parts are manufactured in different months & years.My dad's Punto's parts have different codes & parts are manufactured in different months & years.Our Punto's tyres are made in 2010 & car is assembled in April 2011.So dont worry it will be feb 2013 Red Punto Active.Hey Active variant is also loaded with features so dont think about that.In fact i like Active variant more than Dynamic from outside.I love its black grill,black orvm's,black door handles.But i love Emotion variants.So dont worry about going for Active.We TFI members wont say anything on your decision.Its your money you will decide which variant to choose.If u hav some pics while doing PDI of ur car then plz post
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  8. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi Thulasi,

Thanks a lot for your assistance today. I was relieved after talking to you.

Nadeem : Thanks a lot for detailed explanation.. Yeah Black Grill is awesome and it is adding a sporty look to our beauty..

Today Morning, I went to do PDI at the stock yard. I reached there at 7 AM. As soon as I walked in security guard allowed me to roam around the entire yard without any restrictions.. It is so mesmerising to see Puntos and Lineas lined up in the yard. All are fresh.. :)
    I dint know which vehicle was allotted to me so i started searching couple of active variants and started decoding the VIN's. I was thinking any one of them would be mine… Started clicking Pics..
    SA came around 7:45. I will need to appreciate SA Girish here. When he came to the yard, I could see his eyes were completely red. I enquired him and it seems that his wife is not feeling well and she is hospitalised.She is also caring a baby now.. I appreciated him. He also told me that he is gonna take leave for 2 days due to this and asked another SA to follow up with me.

He showed me the vehicle with the VIN mentioned above and it is with H10. Checked everything, all are fine. As soon as I reached office, searched for this VIN and turned out to be 2012 engine code. Confused called SA and told him. He asked me an hour's time. In the meanwhile, I spoke to Thulasi our TFI member and clarified my query. I was so much relieved.

Now SA after one and half hour sent me a message of another VIN which is MCA11814E….HKZ and he is allocated this to me now. I wanted to do the PDI tomorrow, but they themselves din't do the PDI yet so he asked me to come on saturday to do the PDI for this new VIN. Now delivery may be on sep24th or 25th. SA Girish was very helpful. As i showed the reluctance of that old VIN he immediately allocated the other one.

Reason why old VIN was allotted to me: - They got the delivery truck on August 2nd week with many Punto's. One of them was this old VIN. He just picked one and allotted for me. He din't know that engine code is 2012 make. All he made sure was KZ which denotes 2013 make.Though it is february make, it was lying in the FIAT Pune Manufacturing unit for a longer time. They got the truck with Puntos along with this one and August make's as well. It seems to be true.

As he immediately allocated me an another latest VIN vehicle, I was happy. All this entire day he was in hospital. I was delighted by his response.

Now couple of Pics of Red Beauties.. Not sure who is gonna be mine yet but one is waiting for me.. :)

Thanks a lot to entire TFI members and please accept my sincere thanks to you Guys..

- - - Merged Post - - -

First Love
    IMG_0818.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

All Hotties Lined up.. :)
    IMG_0820.jpg IMG_0821.jpg IMG_0822.jpg IMG_0823.jpg IMG_0824.jpg IMG_0825.jpg
    2 people like this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Great to hear that the problem is resolved to your satisfaction.
    Happy to be of help :)

I am sorry that I am not in a position to join you for PDI because of family reasons. That's that same reason why I have been keeping away from the meets recently.
  10. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    No Problems sir.. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Another One..
    IMG_0831.jpg