1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 Multi-Jet Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mohanrav, Jul 18, 2013.

1. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    This is going to be a long story and it is better to read this witha cup of tea/coffee :)

Passion and Life
    My GrandFather is a Tourist Agent and once in a year, we cover all the temples in AP and all the temples in Karnataka.This happens in every year july and this would be a one week trip travelling in a Tourist Bus. My Mom says from my Age 1 till 2006, I never missed a single trip of this. During these trips, my brother and I go to the front and sit next to driver and enjoy seeing him driving on the highways. During the lunch breaks we used to sit on the driver seat and try turning the steering wheels and enjoy driving virtually. You know Childhood days.. :)
    This is how my passion of driving started. My father is running a small business in my native. Till my college days (2006) , we could afford only cycle.

Life taught us so many lessons. I thank God every minute for this..
    1) How to live without money?
    2) What is a Hardwork?
    3) Friends are awesome than blood relations
    With Scholarships , I started my College. End of 2006, all our prayers were answered and hardwork succeeds. I got a Job in one of the MNC in my college campus.

One of my close friend introduced me to "Top Gear" and i started closely following Top Gear. He calls himself as STIG :) He is now at US doing a research on Diesel Engines.

For the people who wanted to see the unbiased review of Punto please see here.. BBC TopGear Magazine India Fiat - Punto Overall Verdict
    The passion for driving a car was still in my mind but it was in the corner of my mind due to the above facts and bringing our family to steady state. Soon I moved to an another company at 2010. I got my first bike "APACHE RTR 160 CC" "Yellow" . I'm still using this.
    I had a thought in mind as I should get married only after getting a car. But things happened so quickly so my mom could not postpone my wedding. Last year August I got married.

I told my wife about cars and she gave me a green signal. Though she insists on buying a house first, I take her to all the test drives and she is more intrested on cars like me..

Reason for a car now:-
    Weekend trips to our Native (Bangalore to trichy - 400 KM's) once in every one and a half month.
    Weekend trips inside Bangalore
    Occasion drive to office ( but this may increase)

Search Starts here:-

So, first I applied for license and enrolled in Mandovi ( JP nagar) and learnt driving with same passion and got my 4 wheeler license in April this year.
    My monthly usage will be around 800-1300 Km's (now) ,it may increase to 1600 Km's. So I needed a diesel vehicle.
    But when I initially started, I test driven the petrol vehicles as well just to get the feel of the vehicle.
    I have driven all the vehicles and saw a Punto in website. Called up Vecto Motors and arranged for a test drive.
    SA came with a Bossa Nova White 1.4L Petrol Emotion. I saw the car from from Front and man, It was a love at first sight. What a beauty it is.
    Started driving from E-city Phase 1 to the empty road which leads to neo town. This is where Audi Vehicles are tested in Bangalore after their service.

Silent on First 2 gears and in 3rd ,Oh man, It pulls you like anything. Driving all other hatchbacks and Punto is totally different.
    No offence to any other owners , as this is only my view.

You will notice a rythmic expression given by your car when you drive. For a guy who loves driving, this is the car!
    Decided to book a petrol dynamic 2013 model due to budget constraints but I met with a small accident. so postponed again. In the mean time started driving
    more Punto's from other showrooms. Once got an opportunity to drive my friend's linea and thats a different experience altogether. Road Grip on Linea is a plus.

I have visited the Vecto motors last friday and that time only receptionist was there.. I got the latest price list and asked her if i can look at the
    service area. she promptly said yes and looked at service area. There were people busy doing their work and it was good.
    I met one of our TFI member but could not get his name. He gave his car for servicing last Friday. He owns a Tuscan wine Punto. I asked him how is the ownership experience till now and he said it was good so far. He indeed asked me to join TFI, I told him that im already a member. If he see this thread, he would be happy.. Thanks sir..

So finally decided again and this time we decided to gor for a diesel and stretched a budget little bit. Called up Vecto Motors again and told my
    petrol/diesel dilemma, SA advised me to opt for diesel ( which I already decided) and arranged for Punto Multi-Jet Test drive. There is a 55,000 Rs discount on Diesel Punto (dynamic and Emotion) . To my surprise, SA came with a Punto 90 HP. I was so happy to drive this one. Driven this 90 HP yesterday and decided to book a 1.3 Multijet Dynamic end of this month.

I would be taking my delivery on November first week (saving the 15% on-road downpayment :) )

I know i'm following my heart but the Service Part is where all my friends are worried... I told them an assurance that Fiat improved on service part and not to worry but still they are hesitating..

Friends are concerned about me.. :) Praying God that everything should go well..

One final request to TFI from my side, if you make a trip to FIAT production unit next year, kindly highlight that FIAT also makes good car in the world and ask them to look at Service centres of FIAT seriously so that consumers will not be worried by buying their beautiful car. I'm sure you would have highlighted this already, but just from my side.. :)

This is going to be my first car in our family and it would be a Red one! :) Counting the days... :)
    13 people like this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on your booking.
    How would a wait till Nov (almost 3 months) save you money?
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Bro pls looks at getting a Emotion variant than dynamic. Its an one time investment so dont compromise on the saftey. Go for a emotion punto mjd.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    welcome to TFI mohan :) it was nice reading your post
    Regarding the quoted line, I would not want to compare. Friends mostly come and go but blood relations (close ones atleast) last a lifetime!

I would agree with Bharath and suggest you to stretch a bit more and buy Emotion variant. Do not compromise on safety if possible. you might have the extra money after 6 months only, but its unlikely that one changes car for next 4-5 years after buying a new one.
    1 person likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats buddy on your buy. You have chosen the best indeed.

However, as Bharath said kindly give a thought towards Emotion variant as Safety these days is realy very high priority which poeople hardly care about. I agree that its a lil stretch on budget, but its a 1 time investment on top of all its a first car. So think again from your heart and from your mind. :)
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats on the booking. Do they already have a car allocated to you waiting in the yard? Why do you want to wait so much?

By the way, My story is kind of similar to yours :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

A PUNTO AROUND A CORNER IS LIKE A LEECH ON YOUR SKIN
  7. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore

Thanks Raj..
    Just saving for this alone..

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi Naveen,

Thank you.. The car is not allocated yet.. Im waiting to save the money for 15% downpayment.. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks ZenWalker.. But it is way too out of my budget.. :(

- - - Merged Post - - -

Regarding the quoted line, I would not want to compare. Friends mostly come and go but blood relations (close ones atleast) last a lifetime!

Thanks Shams.. Yeah, I agree with you.. I meant except the close ones.. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Bharath.. It is way too out of my budget.. Thats why.. :(
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @MohanRav - I am a big fan of Zig Ziglar and love people who set goals. Hats off to you buddy. You know what you want, what you can afford and how to get it. Awesome. Someday, you will make a great teacher.

Rajan
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats Mohanrav. You are an inspiration.

Cheers.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Mohan congratulations. You are truly an inspiration !!! :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2