1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 mjd or chevrolet sail lt abs ?????

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by top-gear, Dec 2, 2012.

1. top-gear

Planning to purchase my first diesel hatchback. I am highly inclined towards PUNTO 1.3 MJD. But after seeing and TD of newly launched SAIL by CHEVROLET, I am now confused. Please help me take decision.
  2. What caught your attention in the ''need more'' car from chevrolet?? Honestly u just cant compare the two, though I didnt testdrive SAIL,but frankly I dont need more.have got enough in my punto.buddy just take a testdrive in both the cars back to back u will surely come to know which one u want...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

It all depends on the test drive. Please test drive both and share your experience here.
    Tell us what you need from your car and the purpose. We will be able to help you then:)
    1 person likes this.
  4. SAIL and Punto 76BHP are not in same segment but SAIL is competing with cars like Vista,Figo, I make this claim based on features not just Chassis and engine.
    2 people like this.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Top-gear, what is the confusion that you have?
    Is it regarding the drivability or features or something else!!
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    the new SAIL has a 1.3L SMARTECH SDE 4-cylinder inline diesel engine yields top power of 78 PS at 4000 rpm and generates peak torque of 205 Nm at 1750 rpm as far the benefit is having a FIAT heart in it.. Why get heart alone get FIAT ..
  7. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Go for Punto MJD.. i had a same kind of confusion 6 months before. Now, I am proud owner of Punto MJD. You will love it. Even I am not sure I/my family will be this much happy, if I bought any other car other than Punto. You can enjoy each and every moment. In this world when you compare two things, one will have something and other will not. In this case puto will have most of the required safety features for a family.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    What was your impression after doing TD of both car?

If you liked SAIL more than Punto, buy SAIL. You must buy what you like.

If you are still confused, do take one more TD of both, take it for longer period, and take a call after comparing both.
    2 people like this.
  9. top-gear

Thanks for so many quick replies.
    But I would like your expert views on following aspects :
    1. Cabin space (SAIL is much better than PUNTO)
    2. City driving (Found SAIL better in 1st and 2nd gear)
    3. Most important (ASS and spares availability of PUNTO). This is really a matter of great concern for me.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Like everyone said, TD both cars and decide which ever you like the most.

You are right. SAIL has more space than Punto. If space is very important, you can think about Vista too.

May be. But, Punto is not bad with city driving. It is just a matter of getting used to. If adapted well, you will drive Punto without much of gear shifts.

I don't know about Chevy and never owned it. But, for Fiat, I have owned all of their cars from Palio to Linea. I don't see much issues with regard to spares or service. Where are you located, BTW?
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    4 people like this.