1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD - Loss of pick up

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vishal10, Oct 21, 2015.

1. vishal10

vishal10 Timido

Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,
    Since the last couple of weeks, I am experiencing poor pickup and lot of black smoke from my Punto (54k kms - MJD - Sept 2011 model). My usage is about 90% city drive - Mumbai.
    My clutch kit had to be replaced, which i got done. The clutch has become very soft and smooth now. But the problem with the pick up persists.
    Gave it to RS Motors (Kandivali - Mumbai) - he replaced the turbo pipe, as that was causing an oil leakage and he also replaced the fuel filter. Also, they did diagnosis test, to check for intermittent EGR errors - but that was fine. EGR valve was fine too.

Got back my car yesterday, the pick up is better but not 100% (it is about 70%-80% of the normal Punto pick-up). I don't get the full power boost at 1700-2000 rpm which we are used to in a Punto. The transition from 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm is slower than what it should be. Note that the black smoke emission problem is fixed now.

The service center person acknowledged the problem and told me that this can also happen because of faulty diesel. He advised me to drive the car for a couple of days after re-fueling and check. I have refilled the tank from where I normally used to fuel. And am waiting for a couple of days for the older fuel to flush out.
    He is ready to look into the problem if it persists.

My questions:
    - What else could be the reasons for the loss of pick-up ?
    - Can this really happen because of faulty diesel ? I thought faulty / adulterated diesel would give some sort of error light.

Thank you in advance !
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Was Intake manifold and EGR valve cleaned before ?
  3. vishal10

vishal10 Timido

Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In the last visit, intake manifold was cleaned, but not the valve.