1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD EP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by levis lover, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Would advise you to do the washing of car at the car wash, and the local denter/painter can polish if off the black marks off the paint, think the dent is not much if the black rubber marks are vanished then i guess the dent will not be noticed.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Agree with Tony. This is nothing serious. Just wash and then polish it. You can do it on your own. I don't see any dents from the picture.
  3. Washed the car. Some of the rubber marks got cleared but some wouldn't go away.

P.S. - Has any of you tried Amway car wash. Quite good for washing your car with it.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    if you love your car and and love your hard earned money then you wont go for any of car wash or such things like amway.

the best thing is any of the mild shampoo. i bought HALO shampoo 1 litre bottle for rs.120 and it does wonders. if anybody has any doubt regarding the same ask any of seasoned drivers or taxi owners.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The above statement would've been true had someone been using stuff like Nirma washing powder.
    Most shampoos are safe. No reason to worry.

The golden rule i observe while washing my car is that i dont let the shampoo dry. After ive rubbed the shampoo , i immediately wash it with water .
    I wash the car in parts , rather than first scrubbing the whole of the car with shampoo and then washing.

Gurjinder.
  6. levis lover
    same thing happened to me
    but the froont fender got dented.
    no worries
    if you dont have any dent there in that area and if scratches are present try using compaint.
    dont try it yourself.
    get a can and get it paainted by a professional
    it might cost u 500 fot the kit and 50 or 100 to the painter
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Dear if you wish take it to the service centre will get the perfect color code which will match and it will be as nothiing happened.
  8. Got a call from Fiat that "Your first would be due at 5000 km"
    I think the first service was at 3000 km as i remember reading old ownership reviews. Has Fiat changed it from 3000 to 5000 km ?
  9. Its 5000 kms for all new cars. Go by what your manual/service schedule says.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The Linea MJD manual (Jan 2011) states that first "inspection" is at 3000kms. And the second at 15,000.

What does the Punto manual say?