1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack - Done 46,000 Kms

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by DKumar, Sep 27, 2012.

1. DKumar

DKumar

Thane
    Hello Friends,

This is my first post on team fiat. Kindly excuse me, If I am gone wrong somewhere. Comments are welcome and I shall try and incorporate various views in my next posts.

Now onto the real thing!! Why did I choose Punto? I selected my car because it came with an expert tag of "Value for Money". The quality and price were said to be great (on one of the auto web sites). Next I checked the lineup of Fiat in India. With my research I somehow got convinced that Fiat guys are here to stay and not running away anytime soon. Tie-up with most reliable brand of our country - Tata, gave me that extra comfort to loosen my purse for the Italian beauty. Though it was bit expensive for my budget, I went for the top end diesel model (Exoctica Red).

First few days went by as usual. Love, admiration, anxiety, smallest of niggles felt like the biggest of issue. Within a fortnight as I was on my first long drive to Goa. (via Mumbai- Pune - Kolhapur route). Car was still not run 1000Km so I had to drive under 80/100 for most part. While returning from Goa, I could clock 140-150 kmph with ease and consistently. 'No car ahead of me' was a childhood dream and didn't know it would be so easy to realize that with this Italian masterpiece :p. New tyres made sure the ride was quiet too. Now I started to understand the meaning of ride and handling. I was beginning to love the experience. Since then, now its 46,000 + Km and there has been no looking back. To me, it occured that the engine really opened up after around 5K-6K kms. Once engine came to its own, the car just turned into a pet monster, ever ready to munch miles. Highways became the canvas where I would paint the picture of safe, fast and heart-filling drive all with the able support of The Car. Due to its amazing handling and ride quality, I could maintain very high speeds for extended period of time. Hardly any sub 15lakh car can size up to Punto on the highways. Another great aspect is been its pot-holes ride quality. Somehow the car just eats up any and every cracks and potholes on the road. It is as if car does not want its riders to have any discomfort what so ever. My car, love you for this.

There are lot of subtle stuff in Punto which can only be experienced. One thing that strikes me the most is the seating arrangement. I am not a fitness guy. I am rather on fatter side with 10 kgs above my ideal weight as per BMI. But somehow, even on the long journey (6 days Gujarat trip – Mumbai – Ahmadabad – Jamnagar – Dawaraka – Somnath – Gir – Ahmadabad – Mumbai ) of around 4000kms, the journey went by like a breeze. Driving so much (700-800kms) on a daily basis didn’t caused any issues like muscle fatigue, body ache, sleepy on the wheels. Same was the experience of my parents (in mid 60s) and wife. They never complained of the journey being hectic. Also, I never felt sleepy while driving my Punto. It has to do with seating arrangement. This is also quite surprising considering I had completely opposite experience with my previous car – a Korean car. Even 1 day journey would need another day to recover. . The back seat ride quality is another stuff of legend, to be experienced to be believed. I had gone to Mahabaleshwar for a short trip with another of my college friend and his wife. While coming back, he asked for key. Now, I had driven his Logan enough, that and couldn’t say no ;). I with wife took the back seat. As car moved to higher gears, man, I got shocked. May be because of weight or what I am not sure, seat was not bouncing a bit on the road. It was as if I was not traveling on roads but on some kind of cloud. As I said earlier, It has be experienced to be believed. To sum up I can say, like any beautiful relationship, the love just grew with time. I wish and hope to drive my beauty for many-many years to come!!

Mileage:
    I get around 16-17 in city and 19 plus on highway, with AC on.

Maintenance Cost
    Fourth maintenance (@43000kms) costed me Rs9000. In between two service, there is hardly any maintenance required.

Ride & Comfort:
    Superb in its class. Can ride for days together and not feel anything on your back and whole body:cool:.

Upside:
    Great Ride, Great Handling, Low maintenance, servicing interval of 15000 kms, Great highway car, Love grows with time, Value for money(proved right):)

Downside: 22.jpg 11.jpg 00.jpg
    Bit hectic to drive within city. It may be because of lag of diesel engine punto has got in 2009 model.
    Can't find many cars on highways to do a long distance race on long journeys :D.

Would I recommend this to friends?
    Yes. 1 of them already has it, the Punto sports
    6 people like this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI . Really nice and detailed review! Good to know that your beloved has served you well for 46000 kms! I agree when it comes to highway comfort, no hatch can come close to Punto. When it comes to seats, its the same with me. Punto seats have absolutely pampered me. Be it driver's seat or the rear seats. Now, any other car seat cant match upto my expectation :-D
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent start DKumar. Nice to read your experiences so far with Punto.

Welcome to TFI.
    1 person likes this.
  4. DKumar

DKumar

Thane
    Thanks a lot. Hope to enrich my driving experience with the help and support of all the fellas in the forum!! :)

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Thanks Ravi. The beautiful experiences with Punto brings me here :). It feels nice to share the happy things with flocks of same feather!!
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  5. DKumar

DKumar

Thane
    Here is the last 2 milestones for my Car. Hope to see many more such happy occasions with the Red Beauty!! :) . Here 30K to 40K happened in 1 full year. It was really a lean patch as far as my drive is concern!! 01052011436.jpg 04052012702.jpg

04052012702.jpg

01052011436.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  6. Welcome to TFI...post more pics of your beauty,looks super hot in red...
  7. Lovely review and welcome to TFI Kumar.
    1 person likes this.
  8. DKumar

DKumar

Thane
    Hi Friends, Thought of my sharing my new discovery about Punto. This Friday there was one more revelation about the car. I was on a joy ride with one of my friend in his brand new Polo. It was raining heavily in Mumbai. I felt as if I was sitting below some Tin roof and the sound of rain drops coming in unfiltered inside the cabin. I was bit uneasy about the sound, but didn't know why it was sounding strange to me. Its only after I reached home that I realized, why I am was uneasy with the rain drop sound. Actually punto don't allow those sound to sip in a bit. Yes, we (punto owners) have been 'gifted' a car having sound insulators even in the roof :). In Punto, however intense rain it may be, only thing I need to take care about is the wiper speed and the lights.. Not tin sound at all.. Even after 47,000 kms, punto didn't stop to make me smile :p :p .. Long live the the though process which created stuff Like punto, SALUTE.. :up
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.