1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion first service queries

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Anand3553, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Anand3553

Anand3553 Timido

Chennai
    Guys,
    I own a Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion and is in the service centre for first service now. I have been asked for a couple of things by the executive and I am almost sure they are trying to take me for a ride. However, just wanted to confirm with the experts and members here. Kindly refer the below conversation between the executive and myself.

Topic:1
    Executive: Lot of customers complain about rust formation in the corners and gaps of the door and beadings. Shall we do an anti-rust coating? (Cost: Rs.9600/-)
    Me: I think there is already Fiat warranty for the body
    Executive: That does not include these areas
    Me: !!

Topic:2
    Executive: There is lot of dust in the Air-Con filter. Shall we do a coating on that? It will stop dust and bacteria from entering in the cabin. (Cost: Rs: 960/-)
    Me: Isnt the filter supposed to stop the dust?
    Executive: But the dust and bacteria will still come inside.
    Me: !!

Kindly let me know your thoughts. Also is there something else that I should ask them to check specifically during the first service other than the regular stuff? Thank you in advance for the suggestions.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I would Suggest you to stay away from such marketing gimmicks.

FIAT cars haves antirust for underbody is from factory so you don't need it. Yes you can claim warranty for rusted part if any I'm future.
    2 people like this.
  3. Anand3553

Anand3553 Timido

Chennai
    Thank you Kedar.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    BTW, yesterday was Fiat's free AC checkup camp where they spray an anti-bacteria and anti-fungi odour removal chemical via handheld cannister. That you can do once or twice a year, I guess.

Report this executive's suggestions to his bosses, esp. for the AC filter coating thing or ask them for more information and whether Fiat has approved these procedures.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Anand3553

Anand3553 Timido

Chennai
    Thank you asimpleson. Will do that..
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Anand,

You should have put the ball back in the court of the executive by asking him to confirm about the unpainted areas of the car so that it can be brought to Fiat's notice. Also the executive will confirm if the pollen filter is missing in the car when he says that dust will still enter the air vent. It would be fun to record the executive's response.
    2 people like this.
  7. Anand3553

Anand3553 Timido

Chennai
    Thank you ghodlur for the suggestion. I got the car back yesterday. Didnt see your post yesterday. Anyways, to their credit, they did not push too much for anything. Also the staff was very courteous.
    There were a couple of very minor issues which was covered under warranty. The total bill is Zero. The car is much smoother than before. J Im loving it.
    Altogether, I had a very pleasant first service experience.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I was way too late when I took the delivery and the Manager was not available. Anyways I will try to get hold of him next time.