1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD E+ An Unsatisfactory Performance

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by veerupra, Jul 27, 2010.

1. veerupra

veerupra Timido

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The Clutch failed on busy Delhi-Meerut highway at night. No 24X7 assistance available. The response from the call center was pathetic. i was not aware that it can be driven without the clutch. i had to tow my Punto was till Ghaziabad , on next day i had given it to urmill motors for repair of the clutch and AC.

The Clutch slave cylinder had failed and as per them his is a common and frequent problem with Punto.
    This time the AC had same problem of leaking.

Both the problems were rectified in warranty. but still i had to shell out 5K for towing charges. what if the parts fail frequently after warranty ?

This car is proving to be very expensive on maintenance.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes this is known issue, and one should get it replaced before it fails.
    Have a look at this - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?3176-Fiat-India-Official-Upgrades

Are you not covered under RSA?
  3. veerupra

veerupra Timido

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MY clutch slave cylinder was already changed and i have also taken the RSA. but all are useless.

Another bad news, i guess i have got the defective piece of all lots... now the odometer, speedometer and various other computer related indications are not working and the accelerator is also misbehaving.

now only god knows what to do with the car.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Veer, I am truly sympathatic with your experiences with you. However, I have never heard such issues / challenges from one car. I am a true fiat fan and read a lot about GP in forums other than TFI as well. No GP owner has faced problems as like you. However i have one question; sorry no offence meant. Correct me If I have mistaken. When you started this thread in June'10 your odo has clocked 14000 KMS and in May'11 you have stated that your ODO reading has crossed 28000+ KMS. You have also stated that you have stopped using GP for some time. How come you were able to drive the car with so much defects for 14000 + KMS in 10 Months. I am booking a GP this week and hence curious.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Also, if you have got RSA then why should you pay for towing? Did you tow it privately? What you meant by useless?
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  5. veerupra

veerupra Timido

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Srini, i often take Punto for long drives, now i have crossed 36K. i am also fan of fiat that is why i bought it ... but unfortunately i am facing lots of issue with this car...