1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD E+ An Unsatisfactory Performance

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by veerupra, Jul 27, 2010.

1. veerupra

veerupra Timido

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3

Its has been 14000+ Km clocked in the odo meter and i already had stopped using the car.

The problems faced in the car are :-

1) AC not working effectively on the day time.
    2) Central locking not working.
    3) Having gear problem.
    4) Low Fuel Efficiency.
    5) Rattling and shocker problem.

For the above two problems i have already visited to RAMA Motors thrice and now i had given up and stopped using the GP in Day time due to AC problem and unable to park without locking it . For rest of the problems i don`t expect it from TATA ASS to resolve it.

My choice to buy Fiat is now becoming frustration as i had wasted my weekends in service center and still the problem is persists.

Now I feel its better use i10 than GP for city driving as GP is giving the same avg and inefficient AC in the day time.

I had already complaint it to FIAT via phone and email but didn`t got any +ve or satisfactory response towards the resolution of the issue.

i am feeling bad about all this happening to My GP, but if this thing persist for long then i am afraid that i have to find new owner for my GP.

- Veer Pratap Singh
  2. veerupra

veerupra Timido

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Forget to add one more problem :-

6) 12V power socket not working.
  3. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

for AC problem did you check the pollen filter? i had same issue and once the filter was cleaned it started chilling again
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Veer, clearly you have got a problematic & probably a lemon vehicle. These are not common issues in the Punto so your's is surely a bad piece.

You are based in New Delhi but it seems like you have shown your car to Rama Motors only. Surely there are more dealers in New Delhi so maybe you need to take your car to another dealer who may do a better job.

Having said that, I feel it's high time you invovled Fiat into this. Sure you didnt' get a response the first time but that doesn't mean you wouldn't get a response the second time too. Most people have reported a swift resolution to their problems once Fiat was invovled so I say give it a shot. Flood them with a flurry of phone calls and emails. If you have subscription to Autocar India then you can take their help too. If nothing, the fear of bad publicity will make Fiat swing into action. Tell them that you are going to write to ACI about the issues you are facing and insist on the car being attended to at a different dealership.

All the best! Do update us on the progress - satisfactory or unsatisfactory.
  5. NAREN64

Please look into the Contact List in this Forum, wherein you can find the correct person to contact in FIAT INDIA.
  6. veerupra

veerupra Timido

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had already marked mails to the contact persons .... only got mails from service desk saying apologies for the inconvenience caused...... but never reverted for resolving the problem...

I had words with Mr. Vijyant , he suggested me to visit service center in patparganj industrial area. Lets see what happens next...
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Veer, this is certainly a irritating problems and add to that they are not solving it.
    But as amit said, these are not common issues and it looks you have to put more effort to resolve it. Keep sending emails to Fiat, I am sure they would respond.

One issues are resolved, you would not leave without it.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

I suggest one of the older forum members from Delhi who has good rapport with any TASC to take up veers matter and help him out . He seems for sure upset. I hope Vijyants suggestion would work and put the smile back on Veers face. :)

9. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    I suggest all TFI members from Delhi area should do whatever they can to solve this issue. You can act as a Team. Tommorrow it may happen to someone else.
    all the best to Veer.
  10. redtux

Your car problems are shocking. I think you should sent a mail directly to FIAT. I tried it once. During the PDI i found out that the tires were around 6 months old. When i checked with the dealer they said they will not be able to give fresh tyres. So I sent a mail to FIAT. Next day got a call from dealer saying that my car will be shod with fresh tyres. ::D

I have minor issues like less air-flow in passenger side (leg area), some rattling from doors, squeak from dashboard etc. Hoping to get these solved during 1st service. What you are facing is major