1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD Active or Maruti Ritz VDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by shashanknathani, Dec 30, 2010.

1. amolmane

amolmane Guest

To
    Dear Jayadev
    We are talking FGT Versions. i.e. 75 BHP

90 BHP VGT has very differant tunning & Quality also.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    just for an opinion how wifey has responed about cars.

1. m800 (manual steering) - best car to drive,i know where the car is going and i can feel it on steering if it is going somewhere else and good view of outside, but steering is too tight though i am confident enough.

2. a -star/alto (ps) :-no it is not so good as m800 somehow i feel nervous .

3. hyundai i20: gear is very easy and convinient , but i can see only far road. and steering is bit higher but it is soft , i am not confident enough the car feels huge for me to drive.(had a near miss with a bike on turning, she turned the steering too much to right or it happened)

4. indica vista qjet: very scary , steering is too tight and unpredicatble. gear and clutch is also very tight do not wish to drive at all.(that was my previous car)

5. punto 90 hp (present): even though not as convenient as m800 but better than the rest , steering is reachable and i know if car is going off direction gear and clutch is also comfy . and doesnt make me feel it is a huge one.

imo :steering feel/feedback should not be considered just as a feature rather it should be an advantage for confident and accurate driving.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    amol i do understand that.
    but the fiat multijets are bit unique and different from the third party users. i have listened to sound of punto and swift side by side they sound very different swift even though new had too much of diesal clatter .
    i just gave straight comparison of what i own and what i used considering the fact that both are fiat multijet engines but handled by different company or specs or whatever.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I do want the T jet.... but only worry is owning two same cars with different hearts... plus very brittle tata after sales service which is good sometime and too bad sometime.... then poor re-sale value.... Will it be anyhow wise to have two same cars....

This is a real tough call for a FIAT lover :A
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    I seriously disagree with this... even many men does not know about these features... It all depends on the person.... When she was taking the test drive of Figo, she easily found out that it does not have that high prrofile tyres... and she even found the turbo lag issue in Polo just at one TD....she is just a "live to drive"

It is just the matter of interest...
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    If this is true, then you really have no choice.. it has to be a Punto or a Linea. ::D
  7. shashanknathani

Pune
    This is what is killing me these days...
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Just to share one example that happened last week. We were using Taj Mahal tea at home, and my relatives use the same BRAND. I love coffee without chicory, so i get the coffee powder from coffee day outlet , I happened to buy Tea power for sampling from the same shop, 50 bucks for 250 Gms + 25 gms free. This is way less than Taj Mahal Tea. I have a habit of trying/sampling out new brands

I did try Coffee day tea power, to my surprise it smelled, tasted , looked much much better than Taj Mahal tea. I called up my relatives and told them to try it out. This is love at first use ;)

Things are bit different when you invest 10 Lakhs on a TJet. One thing, if you are in love with the machine just go for it. If you just want to use the car to commute from A-B, buy any car, the best bet would be Accent 5.5L On Road for TOTAL VFM. Money can always be earned, but just think driving a different car and every time a TJet passes by and you feel @$%$#% should have owned that CAR

--- By the way i recommend every one to try this tea power if you drink TEA, it costs 50 -60% of the Taj Mahal tea power, forget costs it tastes better than Taj Mahal and do let me know if you liked it. By the way i do not own any stake in the company ;)

I just saw your profile, please pass on your SID via e-mail, we can chat :wow
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats why I specifically mentioned at the bottom that she does not know how to drive. I was just trying to cool off Amogh and Amol. :)
    I think Punto would be a better option in that case. :up
    Otherwise, most of the women prefer EPS over HPS because it is lighter.
    My senior drove my GP and her first comment was that her SX4 has "better" power steering. ::V
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Guys, that is too Sexist. Dnt worry ur safe here coz i dnt think we have the pleasure of a female member else.....!!!!!