1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD Active or Maruti Ritz VDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by shashanknathani, Dec 30, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Thank you guys..... Still a lot confused... I reached out to three Maruti and Two FIAT dealers...
    Maruti guys are calling me every hour and no response from TATA-FIAT, i even felt that they are more interested in selling me a VIsta than Punto....
    When will FIAT come up with thier own show rooms ... when.... when..... :hit

We went to see the I-20 Diesel but the car seems out of budget... and thus ruled out the option.... the Ex-Showroom for Era model itself is 585,325...

I completely agree with you as the build quality of Maruti is not that good when we compare it with FIAT, but i guess if we compare the build quality with others it is still decent...

About the looks of Ritz... I just looked at it from front, completely ignored the rear looks... ya but one thing i must admit is that from inside Ritz feel a lot better than Punto... the interiors are far better than Punto Active's plain black ones...

Thanks a lot for sharing this... But you know what after reading this link i am more confused... As it's Ritz scoring way high when compared to Punto... :confused1

Fellows regarding the colours.... Wifey wants either Tuscan Wine (If Punto) or Bakers Chocolate (If Ritz)...... :-|
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since the car is for your wife, ask her in which one she is comfortable, that count the most.
    My suggestions:
    1. Ritz give better all round visibility.
    2. Assuming this will be mostly doing city drives the ride and handling is not going to really matter, go for Ritz, but if your wife is a relatively high speed driver then these 2 aspects counts, go for Punto.
    3. If safety is a concern, its only Punto.
    4. EPS in Ritz will be an attraction for women who are not a driving enthu, and mostly doing city driving.
    5. Who gives better service in your area, Maruti or Fiat? Marutis too have really bad service centers.
    6. Don't buy a car to sell, buy a car to enjoy , give little weight-age to resale values, why buy a car which you don't like but gives better resale value.
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

This is a tough decision. It is hard earned money, and if you are looking to sell within three years, go for Maruti.

Personally, my next buy is still a FIAT because i do not believe in selling, will use minimum 5 - 8 years.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

OT: This is one of the main reason, FIAT taking hit on SALES
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    She is in the same state as mine.....Confused.... Also she has driven the Punto close to 9K and loves the car....
    She has left it to me to finalize as she liked riding both the cars... her only concern is the engine noise which is very less in Ritz and goes away in Punto after few kms.... and probably i will be driving the diesel one more as we are planning to shift near her office and that will be 40 kms drive for me to office and she will continue to enjoi the Punto...

About the drives... We are not sure... But ya if any Highway drives then that will be done in the Diesel one means the new car...

When coming to service, it is Maruti that provide better service in Hyderabad
  6. shashanknathani

Pune
    Again got a call from Maruti dealer and guess what... He said if i will take the car delivery today he is ready to give 45K cash discount and accessories....

this came to me as a big surprise.... Maruti with 45K cash discounts...
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes it is a surprise. I'm sure you may be aware, even FIAT has close to 55K discounts http://www.fiat-india.com .

And, if you are going to drive the new diesel car, then go for PUNTO, I am able to feel you are bowled for the Punto.

All the best for your new CAR.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    The comparison done on that thread is not fair
    For eg. In drive-ability the guy have used Punto figures from Autocar India which are for 20-80 and not 30-80 which he have mentioned.
    Same goes for price he have used Ritz Vdi ABS price while Punto price is for Punto Emotion Pack.
    In safety section in feature checklist he have made a mistake in passenger airbag switch on/off. Punto have that feature. Though he corrected that but forgot to change points assigned to Punto. He have assigned 34 points to i20 diesel and 27 to Punto. i20 Crdi doesn't have 6 airbags only petrol model have that.
    Same goes for Mileage part. Highway mileage of Punto is specified as 17.5 while it easily gives above 19 all the time on highways.
    Punto scores low only in 0-100 timings.
  9. shashanknathani

Pune

Thats true... I am completely bowled over.... I plan to buy a 2011 make and will be buying Jan end to take delivery in Feb 2nd Week... But still not sure of Whether a Ritz or a Punto...

I took test drive of all the Diesel hatchbacks in the market and observed that at this point of time these are the two real good VFM cars...

Swift is also a good deal but then you book a Swift today and ride it after three-four months is kinda irritating... Waiting Period...
    Figo is very noisy and i really feel wonder how AutoCar gave it the "Our-choice" in the battle of Diesel hatchbacks edition....
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It must be an old vehicle, or a TD car which the dealer wants to get rid off...
    If you are going for that check the vehicle first and then discuss about discounts.

Rajeev