1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD Active or Maruti Ritz VDI

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by shashanknathani, Dec 30, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Hi Friend....

I need your suggestion, Wifey is looking out for a drive for herself and daily drive will be around 40 kms... I already own a FIAT Punto 1.2 Active and enjoying it to the most... But now i am stuck here with a dilemma... We want a Diesel Hatchback... Took the test drive of almost all the diesel hatchbacks in the budget

1. Polo Comfortline : Didn't like the car... I felt the positioning of gear knob a little awkward... little sluggish and noisy... Ruled out
    2. Ford Figo : Like the siting position, good to drive but the engine noise is really unacceptable... it is too much noisy... Ruled out
    3. Maruti Ritz VDI : Liked the car, good to drive, low on features, but i am fine with it, getting a good deal with accessories, very less noisy, even more refined than Swift, i know both share the same heart but some how i felt it is more smooth and less noisy than swift. Great Pick up...
    4. Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Active : Features, i have nothing to say about this i drive it, only difference i felt was Diesel was a little noisy and little bit sluggish when i compared it with the Ritz and my present 18K+ 1.2 Punto... I know its a fiat and it gets better with Age...

Now i am facing a situation where i am confused whether to have two Punto's @ home or not... I know the re-sale value is little below par for FIAT vehicles and considering this will it be wise to drive two same cars with just petrol and diesel hearts...

I am stuck with Heart says Punto and brain says Ritz...........

Please help....
  2. amolmane

amolmane Guest

3. shashanknathani

Thanks a lot.... I can understand that DDI's are nothing but re-mapped MJD's..... But still keeping in mind that my Wife will be driving it mostly... I am more confused.. as she likes more of a vroommmmm right from first gear.........

Our plan is to keep the car at max for three years and then sell it off... Considering this is it still recommended to go for Punto...

There is one more thing that worries me... Two Punto's parked next to each other in my Car park... One is medium grey and other is Tuscan Wine...
    The medium grey will look dull :(...
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

If you are buying car form your wife ask her which one she likes better.
    Resale of Ritz is better than Punto no doubt about it. But still Fiat is fiat you won't feel like selling it so early :up
    If your wife likes vrooooommm also look at i20 diesel (It's a pocket rocket)
  5. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Considering the safety aspect, don't go for Ritz, Once I was driving my car and a Ritz tried to overtake my car from left at a junction and the driver tried to move to the right. Before responding, my car hit on its driver side door. I heard a big sound but doesn't felt even a small vibration.
    When checked, the Ritz driver side door was torn, and had a big dent on the rear door.
    Surprisingly my car lost some paint from the bumper and the left side fender had a small dent.
    Another example is the Zen which rear ended our fellow member's punto on 3rd Dec
    It was mainly because of the car's design and build quality.

And do you like Ritz's looks??? seriously

Go for a GP BNW, then both cars will look great.

6. teky

teky Esperto

Yeah, why not the i20? It would be very easy for driving around the city and it's got some nice interiors.
  7. amolmane

amolmane Guest

No i-20 has more Turbo-Lag. Inspite of having CRDi technology,it has old generation Bosch Pump technology.

In i-20 horrible knoking is there. When you rev the engine.it knocks like a Tractor/TATA Sumo. :shocked

Hyndai is looting us by installing outdated fuel supply system ie.Bosch Pump :uh

IF you want Safety,Road Stability,Outstanding Ride & Handling,features then no option for Punto
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

if you are looking for variety go for ritz , otherwise just go for Punto MJD Active. you will never regret. go for minimal grey. both your Puntos will look good together
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    i20 was my second favourite until I discovered steering rattle and AC issues in it.
    Hyundai has advised i20 owners to stop posting about steering rattle on CarWale, TeamBHP and other forums.

Also, the i20 diesel being a pocket rocket is a myth. Even Punto 1.2 with 68bhp engine has better 30-80 timings in 3rd gear (the most enjoyable slot inside the city) and 40-100 in 4th gear. See the sluggish performance of i20 90hp diesel here:
    http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-ca ... koner.html
  10. shashanknathani

Thank you guys..... Still a lot confused... I reached out to three Maruti and Two FIAT dealers...
    Maruti guys are calling me every hour and no response from TATA-FIAT, i even felt that they are more interested in selling me a VIsta than Punto....
    When will FIAT come up with thier own show rooms ... when.... when..... :hit

We went to see the I-20 Diesel but the car seems out of budget... and thus ruled out the option.... the Ex-Showroom for Era model itself is 585,325...

I completely agree with you as the build quality of Maruti is not that good when we compare it with FIAT, but i guess if we compare the build quality with others it is still decent...

About the looks of Ritz... I just looked at it from front, completely ignored the rear looks... ya but one thing i must admit is that from inside Ritz feel a lot better than Punto... the interiors are far better than Punto Active's plain black ones...

Thanks a lot for sharing this... But you know what after reading this link i am more confused... As it's Ritz scoring way high when compared to Punto...
    Fellows regarding the colours.... Wifey wants either Tuscan Wine (If Punto) or Bakers Chocolate (If Ritz)......