1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD 75BHP (WhiteRhino) - Now remapped Code 6 Tuned

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by whitepunto76, Jul 20, 2015.

1. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can only get from the Boost Limiter stock map which definately code6 people might have stored as a backup of your car.
    better to get it from them because it would be exact
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Latest Update:
    Did the testing of top end during kolar trip. Was able to go max till 165kmph (within the limits of straight stretch). However, the steering became light with mild tyre vibrations probably due to balancing issues. Else, the car zooms till 140kmph with good amount of power pull. Mileage dropped to 18kmpl which otherwise would be close to 20.5kmpl earlier.

Do we know why the steering becomes lighter? Normally steering should be tight as we increase the speed.
    And definitely at 140-160kmph, the steering should be power-off.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i too observed that,may be due to undulations on roads causing steering lighter.We need to see a high definition slow motion video :D .
    Above 140Kmph Punto doesnt gives confidence.

After fitting my tuning box the pull on the car have been improved a lot and NVH level reduced.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    BTW, I am running on 195/65/R15 tire profile. With increased tire profile should I maintain lesser psi. Probably 28-30psi.
    Current psi is 32.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My 90 HP is quite new, but I have done several Pune-Mumbai-Pune trips till now, and I feel that till 160 km/hr, the power delivery is quite linear and at even this kind of speed, the stability is phenomenal.

This weekend when I was travelling again, my FE got a beating as I was driving at > 3000 RPMs (Just to see how the FE reacts to higher RPM driving) for the most part of the stretch (except the Lonavala bends). I got some 16 with 100% AC. Normally I end up getting around 17.5-18.5 km/ltr.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That should not affect much, I'm using 205/65/15 with 30 psi and tested 145Kmph felt the light steering.

@Turbothingy
    Thanks to VGT.How is engine noise above 120kmph? In 75hp its very loud.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Is not very loud, it feels as if one can cruise at 140-150 km/hr all long day. On highways I normally drive with Windows up. It sounds quite sporty too.
    Pradeepms and Ganges like this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have not driven 90hp fiat car,though i have driven 90hp Fiat engine Tata Indigo Manza.This is one nice car with comfort and nice cabin space,VGT truly superb.My bro son in 7th std(he drives both Manza and Punto in first and second gear only,learner) always keep saying, when i'm driving, "Why in Manza, eventhough if we go slow(60Kmph),why we feel like going very fast(80Kmph) and doesnt feel the same in punto,infact never felt like we are in 80Kmph in punto".The other thing when i said him Abarth going to launch,then he was sadly saying,its petrol. Sorry for being OT.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    On
    in fact, this time when I was returning from Mumbai, my father was also with me. When we were in expressway, I just asked Papa to guess the speed (for the first time he was witnessing high speeds in my Punto), he said 100. I told him it's 140 km/hr. He was surprised to the core.

BTW guys, Pete's has reduced it's remapping charges from 32000 to 24000. Seems there are a lot more people in for remapping and the competition between vendors is high.
    Ganges and Pradeepms like this.
  10. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They have to reduce because the remapping only to the software part has been now made very simple. Thanks to the software companies.The total expense for a novice will not exceed 15K and if 4 or 5 people share this amount and then it is merely 3 or 4k per head.
    Within a year these companies will start marketing it surely in india then we can have self driven tuners in every house.
    Pradeepms, Turbothinghy and kunwar.g like this.