1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD 75BHP (WhiteRhino) - Now remapped Code 6 Tuned

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by whitepunto76, Jul 20, 2015.

1. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ganges

I do not agree with the above said
    a remapped version will more or less shut the waste gate in order to boost the pressure. If you are wasting your trump card then how come the conditions are same.
    Moreover the remapped version will be tuning the pump and rail pressure in tune of 2200 or say 2400 where as in case of stock it would be 1800psi now you can guage in which condition the engine is strained.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 24, 2015 ---
    I bought a hatch back after 1 year of research and you know discussed in details about VGT and FGT and other engine transmission brake releated issues with all the companies tech rep available at the dealers none of them could satisfy.With Fiat rep I had 3 to 4 discussions each lasting more than 2 hours without even a single TD.Then I took a TD that too only of a 75 hp and that too linea and bought a Punto. I could get if Linea can handle it then Punto surely can.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    Ganges likes this.
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @KKAUL
    buddy, i am really not as knowledgeable as you.Its mostly the feel and the way you feel with the car. I have never been a numbers man, and can never be. if you had seen my review, u would have not seen any major numbers mentioned in it. Just layman figures.

all i can say is, i feel better with my car and am happy about its current state of tune. been using the car close to 5 years without knowing any of these figures.

and PS_ the number of cars that have had a breakdown/ oil pressure/engine oil related issue and seizures were all on stock ecu. I dont think till now, anyone has posted a failure due to remap, unless it was that aggressive a map.

just giving you food for thought - ' is it guaranteed that, stock map means - no car trouble? ' No engine seizure?

simple rule i follow is - u take care of her, she takes care of you.

no offence meant/ intended... but thats a hell lot of learning that i am unable to comprehend. my personal opinion.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Friends,

Did some Torque scans on Torque Pro app. Attaching the same for seeing few numbers.

Pic 1 - Idle RPM
    Pic 2 - Senors detected
    Pic 3 - MAF at Idle
    Pic 4 - EGT at Idle
    Pic 5 - 80kmph Speed
    Pic 6 - Speed Timing
    Pic 7 - Boost Timing

Still more runs to do. Not sure how much of these are real data. Used a OBD II ELM327 Bluetooth Scanner and Torque pro app on Android.

Idle_rpm.png

Torque_Idle_sensors.png

Torque_Idle_MAF.png

Torque_Idle_Fuel_pressure.png

Torque_80speed.png

Torque_SpeedTiming.png

Torque_TimingvsBoost.png
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 26, 2015 ---
    Do we have O2 sensors for Fiat Punto MJD 2011 models. It would have been better to have O2 sensors which can help closed loop.
    Any inputs.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    Ganges likes this.
  4. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @whitepunto76

Good that you were able to get some data.
    I was not able to see the EGT readings I hope you have missed more over does punto has a thermocouple before Turbo I doubt.
    I hope if we apply some applied mechanics we might be able to roughly calculate the increase in BHP or torque of your car.
    We can use equations like
    v=u + at a=acceeleration v final velocity u initial velocity and t time taken to reach v from u
    NOw if we do 0-100 timing of a remapped and stock car .the the v (100) and u (0) will remain same whereas the t will definately change that means in our case a is inversely propotional to t.
    now if we see force equation F= m X a (m mass) now we see that m will not change because the weight of the car is not going to change that means f is inversely propotional to t.
    Now come the torque and power equation t = f X r and P= t X w
    t torque p power w angular velocity r radius
    assuming all at the tyre r is not going to change so is angular velocity because the transmission is same. That means p and t are inversely proportional to time
    now comes the final part say engine power was 75 bhp and took 16 odd seconds from 0 to 100 and after remap say it is 13.5 seconds so the power increase will be 1/13.5-1/16 ie 0.0116 so power increase percentage wise will be (0.0116/0.066)*100

comes out 17.4 %

Assuming all the calculation to be done at wheel because at end of the day what we get on it matters.
    Hope this is hepful and might save you from dyno test.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 27, 2015 ---
    Please mention the rail pressure seen was at what rpm and what were the PUC results
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Ganges and kishorekrs like this.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Where does 0.066 comes from?
  6. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sorry typo it is 0.063 (1/16 rounded to 2 decimal) it will be 18.4%. Was not doing it on paper just verbally that was the reason.
    This is just an example exact only whitepunto can do
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    As per the reading from Torque at Idle speed (800 rpm)
    EGT - 69 deg C
    Fuel Rail Pressure - 110kpa
    Engine Load - 20.78%
    Intake Manifold Pressure - 90.0 kpa
    MAF - 7.63 g/s
    Volumetric Efficiency - 53.59%

I have not yet done the real 0-100kmph drive.
    Probably, I need to get more data from the tuner as it will give more accurate than this Torque pro.
    Any specific data I should ask my tuner to understand the numbers. He may not show all of them.
    Few of these maps were in german language.
  8. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can You please ask them what all maps they have altered maybe then we can discuss one by one what inf we need to have a complete peace of mind that remapping is completely safe with code 6. The changes will help us to discuss the worst condition in which a programme may fail and we can make the correction with them.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  9. harsh.4140

harsh.4140 Timido

Jammu
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Below is the table on boost pressure for different speeds as per Torque app.

Torque App
    RPM Speed (kmph) Boost Pressure (psi)
    2640 73 11.7
    2927 58 11.9
    3055 85 11.5
    3079 86 13.2
    3143 88 12

Can someone confirm what is the stock boost pressure set in the 75BHP FGT wastegate please.