1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 MJD 75BHP (WhiteRhino) - Now remapped Code 6 Tuned

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by whitepunto76, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    that's great buddy. yes you are right about sticking to one final map. though WM is tested and tried by fellow members i am still worried what if we keep on toggling between the maps frequently. Can ECU adjust to any of the map and it's effect. I might be wrong though.
    Anyways keep updating the thread :) Would like to hear long term review on code6.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes ECU can adjust to any map but will also takes time as and when you change maps.
    ECU learns from your style of driving and the changed parameters of the map. Probably you can go through significant threads in gearheads where code 6 remaps are running since last 60-70 thousand kms on puntos/rapids/ecosports/palios/figos/beemers.
    I am not boasting. its just personal choice and whom you are comfortable to deal with.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  3. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks @whitepunto76 @KKAUL ... Yes we all learn everyday in something or other way.....
    @whitepunto76 u didn't tell me abt difference between viezu and code6 (u told abt WM vs Code6)...
    Also i was reading in another forum.. Viezu offers their own insurance and they will take responsibility of ur engine post remap!!!!

And @whitepunto76 keep updating ur experience....
    Cheers
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 23, 2015 ---
    Sorry..... My bad @whitepunto76 i got confused... Yeah u have mentioned points abt viezu and how they do remap.. :muted::depressed:
    Deepak likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Viezu says that they are the only ISO certified Tuning company in the world. God knows what does this exactly mean??

I had asked for the options they have for a 90 hp Punto (not that I am interested in it). Following was their reply:

Greetings from Viezu Bengaluru.

Following are the available options for the 90 HP Punto.

We basically have 3 Remaps, you can choose in between.

Blue Optimization - you will see gains of 9 Bhp and 15 Nm torque gains with 15% Increased Economy.

Performance - you will see gains of 20 Bhp and 40 Nm torque with no loss in Economy.

Racing - this map is only for the track and off road Vehicles which will have modification ( Exhaust, intercoolers etc ). You will see gains of 25 Bhp and 50 Nm torque.

All the above maps are Customized. If the car is old we also set the ignition timing and remove the flat spots if any.

For cars less than 1490 CC we do charge 13300 INR, with 7 day money back guarantee. We provide mobile services right to your doorstep in and around Bengaluru
    kishorekrs, Pradeepms and asimpleson like this.
  5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Viezu is there all around the country, but please do check out my review on viezu, tuneotronics, code6 and wolf
  6. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @harryaviator

In your post you said that they did compression check and and turbo condition . Can you please shed some light on the method they followed
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For compression test the removal of glow plugs is required,this is what i came to know from the SA at Sutaria FIAT.
  8. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yes absolutely correct . I know the full procedure . I just want to know how code 6 people checked it within the time span Harry is showing.
    You know Ganges there are hundred ways to make a person be taken into confidence by praising his engine.If you are a good tuner you need to study in and out of the engine before remapping it. The first thing before flashing the ECM would be to check the overall health not just by laptop inspection but a real physical one.
    You know there is almost 99 % chance that 1 of the plugs will break during opening if the engine has run more than 50k and the best part is that the Guage they will put will be caliberated in such a fashion that it will show back compression.
  9. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    There's always ton to learn. Its amazing to see people sharing their knowledge in this forum. Well well I am totally novice in this remapping stuff. Personally I have a doubt & need clarification for the same. With regards to what @whitepunto76 & @KKAUL are discussing on the stuff I would like to know if the 75hp is tuned to some 15hp additional power with excess economy or maybe with loss of economy will it not hamper the entire mechanism of the engine?

I mean as we all know the 90hp comes with VGT & its counterpart 75hp is FGT. Is it okay for the 75hp to run with those extra bhps on same mechanicals? Correct me if I am wrong!! I am little confused here..:confused:
  10. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Power at Crank and Power at Wheel Figures. Very interesting topic for discussion.

As a general rule, Power at Wheels is 15% lesser than Power at Crank.
    This is due to loss of friction/rotational resistance/inertia/drag in the transmission components transfering from crankshaft/driveshaft to the wheels. This is independent to each vehicle engine as per its design. There are lot of moving parts in an engine design. The dynamic energy gets transfered through significant engine parts generating heat/friction/rotational loss/ etc.
    Hence, for FWD its attributed to 15% and RWD its attributed to 25%.

http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php
    Check the above link just for learning purpose.
    kishorekrs and Turbothinghy like this.