1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 decided. But which version?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Correct. I think for 7L budget, he can even get Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic. This thread is now taking a 360' degree twist by including Manza in the race :).
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Why does people spread misleading info?
    from which angle Honda jazz have premium feel ??

Tata manza is much better car from Tata stable.but get ready to face some silly niggles e.g Mid not working,falling off plastics,mis aligned panels,Tail lamps acting wierd etc.

Tata car, 10 years... are you kidding ??

Honda Jazz ,it is very rare (typically) to find single owner keeping honda car for long ,when the car ages it makes the hole in pocket bigger (honda maintenance is very expensive) Honda have restricted the availability of spare parts in local markets too in the name of quality.

where as you will find single owner palios and Uno's widely, though number are less but Fiat cars give a different kind f treatment to its owner that most of them get addicted to it more over it have never gotten "Expensive to maintain" in any part of the world ever.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. basis

basis Amatore

@gurjinder,Sungoa : Punto 1.4 E will cost 7.5+ in bangalore which is OUT OF REACH for me. So out of question.

But in Manza I am getting same motor+gearbox. So what is the issue? manza = Fiat Soul + Tata Body ...IMO

@ramjn : I am not considering a Diesel otherwise I would have gone for Punto 1.3 Blindly!

Even now I am considering New Swift DZire CS as It will be also in 7 L.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Ok. I would still insist you to consider the Punto 1.4 as you are planning to keep the car for 10 years. You can wait till Feb/Mar to get discounts and it would probably meet your budget. Waiting for 1-2 months is better than going in for a Tata :).

Great. New Swift Dzire is better choice than a Tata. But not as good as Punto to last long.
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

If that is the case i would recommend you to take a test drive of 1.4 emotion Pack Punto 2011. I am sure the dealers will be having few of them manufactured in October and you will get it for less than 7L on Road. since you plan to keep the car for 10 yrs it will not matter much to you be it 2011 or 2012.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Are you seriously considering the Manja? I wouldn't seriously compare them with italian sisters. The engine and gear box are the same - but everything else is different including the brilliant chassis and meaty steering. Don't look at the number of features, but look at overall what is being offered. Petrol being petrol I don't expect it to sell well, if I were in your position I would rather wait for two more months and pick the Punto 1.4 with discounts. Remember you're going to keep the car for 10 years, your heart will always long for what it needed.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. royj

royj Esperto

If it is within your budget, I would suggest you do just that... ::D
    How low can be your usage? At least 500km per month?
    Or is there some other reason to avoid a diesel?
  8. sungoa2010

I would say that if x is the anticipated usage the actual usage will be some were around 1.5 x or 2x. At least it happend with me. I would have gone for MJD instead of 1.4.
    So I agree with royj's advice.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

MODS NOTE - Please stick to the topic guys. Please don't give the Mod team any excuse to delete posts, which TFIans so lovingly write. Thanks.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Go for the Punto 1.2 Dynamic, you will have more options in it than the jazz,
    I feel jazz cramped in front of Punto... (No hard feelings please)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.