1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 decided. But which version?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

I think one should compare with new 2012 Punto. I don't know how one can define quality properly. Only interms of plastics Honda has better plastics but other quality aspects I cannot say that Jazz has better quality.
    I really doubt Jazz imaintenanceide of maintainance. Punto will be light for pocket.
    With reduced weight and a better torque at much lower rpm Punto can give better FE. May be on high speed highway drive vtec will give better FE.spaciouss definitely spaciuos at the cost of reducing front dimensions. It looks like a scaled up Nano.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sathya_sc

If it is a petrol hatch, go for Jazz. Would agree with Ramjn for all the points he has mentioned. Esp the space is too good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

I fully agree with Ramjn and Sathya. If it is a petrol hatch then Jazz is one of the best options available. The space available in Jazz is simply amazing and makes it one hell of a utility vehicle

If it was a diesel, then the Punto is the best contender.

When are Jazz bookings opening?
  4. basis

basis Amatore

It is 50K-60K difference between punto 1.2 Dynamic and Jazz.

Punto 1.4 E is 7.5+ in Bangalore which is out of scope.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

I am not good in these technical things. But your details sounds scientific and I am bit worried now. Otherwise I would have blindly down selected Jazz...... I need some time here....

Thanks to all other Friens for their valuable advice.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You need to think about how many times you would be taking your car to a highway or to the ghats.
    Even though I am a hardcore Fiat fan, I am suggesting you to go for Jazz just because it is more practical and would be trouble/niggle free. Do TD for both these cars and make a wise decision. What you like is more important than what others suggest to you :).
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

@basis if the roads wherein you drive are very bad and broken; do consider that new Punto-1.2 with 195mm of GC would be like a blessing when compared to the 160mm GC of Jazz . No matter how much refined the Honda1.2 engine is ; but when you would crash in at each pothole ; there would be no smiles.
    That aside; no doubt that Honda Jazz is a brilliant car with oodles of space , very good visibility,quality and reliability. Also its almost 35Kgs lighter than the Punto1.2 so when you compare the various torque or power figures I would suggest to go in for Power/Weight and the Torque/Weight figures as well. I haven't calculated them but I guess these would give more realistic figures.
    Do note that when it comes to Diesel it has to be Punto all the way!!
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Do consider the spares, accessory and upkeep costs of the jazz. I haven't owned one but always heard that they are always priced above the competition eg. fog lamps cost 22k - don't know how authentic it is, but please compare the service interval and costs as well. Don't consider the re-sale value as you're going to keep this for 10 years.

Since you're going to use the car once in a while driving pleasure can outweigh practicality. Good luck with your car search.
    Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  8. sungoa2010

One thing where Jazz score ,much ahead of Punto is the storage space. Very much needed in a long trip.
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

btw 1.2 and jazz.. i would vote for jazz...
    the interior quality is good, fit and finish is good.. niggle free,,more of a premium segment.. luxury hatch back
    more spacious.. esp if u have kids.. and 10years of their growth...:D
    both cars will have low maintenance as its petrol..
    for petrol cars parts do last very long... but if in case of an accident.honda spare parts are more costly..
    as per the 50000k differnce.. i say dont bother.. its completely worth the 10years
    honda recently reduced the price of the car by 150000k.. they want sales, so might be willing to offer nice discounts and freebies..

but.. the new punto has a service interval of 15000kms/1year where as jass i think its 10000kms/1year
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

For better space, premium feel, better fit & finish - Jazz
    For best ride & handling, strong built, less maintenance cost - Punto

Chose your priorities.

I was in similar dilemma, but was in much better position since my confusion was between Jazz and Punto diesel. Both were costing same around September 2011. No doubt Punto diesel was winner.

One thing I hate about Jazz was it's suspension. You will feel each and every potholes. The other negative is its built. It does not give safe feeling.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.