1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 decided. But which version?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Here people make mistake . People are impressed by giving paper figures.Honda Jazz Power 90 PS @6200 RPM Torque 110 NM @4800 RPM on such high RPM ?Punto 1.2 Power 68 PS @6000 RPM Torque 96 NM @2500 RPM. on such low RPM Wow !Power is only reving capacity of engine. Torque means rotational force of engine to drive the car.So torque figure is important while choosing car.honda gives full torque @4800 RPMBut if you go for punto then max. totque of Punto is only @2500 RPM such a low RPM.In Punto you have to press less throttle for getting full potential from powerband. Less gear changes & better low end totque. Honda feels gutless city ride as well as highways .Because max torque of Honda is @4800 RPM. In real world we can' accelerate car upto 4800 RPM in any gear for getting full potential outpur from its engine.So cars giving max torque @ lower RPM is always wise choice. So friend dont'be impressed by seeing power figure of H Jazz.Because if you go for JAZZ , in Ghat section (hilly area) Punto 1.2 will easily beat HOnda Jazz. Then you will feel disappointed by seeing low powered car is "King of Ghat"
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    14 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great post Bhai. I totally agree.

@basis
    How much of a difference is there in the prices of Jazz base version and Punto Dynamic petrol? Even Fiat bashers love the 1.4 engine.

Cheers
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I have been driving the car for last 26 months and completed 38000 in my 1.2 Active. No issues till date... I challenge anyone with Even 1.3 MJD to beat me in 1.2, varoon bhaiji please comment on this.... Even Many of our NCR TFIians know this when we went to chail trip. The torque in the range of 2500 rpm makes it a wonderful car in city and ghats. The only difference is the initial lag but trust me once you get used to this machine this will not be of any worry.. When i am driving my car, i slot third gear in first 2 mins, this helps me in getting better mileage plus reduced gear changing. I regularly get 13 kmpl in city (delhi traffic) and get around 15-16 on highways depending on the driving style.

I would say go for Punto 1.2 for its solidity and build to last chasis.. since u plan to keep it for 10 yrs. For me Jazz is like a better and bigger designed I10 and feels more like a toy on highways.

I have driven both on highway.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bhai..
    that was a real wiki of torque and power.
    thanks for the info
  5. +1 except pune city and surrounding highways.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To be honest, I got a feel good factor when I entered the Jazz. I really liked it. Forget about the performance and all those figures. You get ample cabin space (both front and rear) and also you get 390 lts of boot space. And also, the interiors were way superior in Jazz (even better than Honda City). If I were to buy a petrol hatch, it will be none other than Honda Jazz.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Go for 1.2 Punto Dynamic as you want to keep this for 10+ year ( no worry for resale value ), for features please check Fiat India Website:- Fiat India
  8. If i were to take a petrol car, i ll blindly choose Honda any day :) It has much refined and proven powertrain. Interiors and space and handling and ride will be equivalent to FIAT. I will recon you to take Honda JAZZ ...
  9. muni

muni

Bangalore
    If it were me and if I were to buy a petrol car with all the requirements that you have and out of the 2 cars, I would go for a Jazz with eyes closed.

Reasons being.

1) Better quality
    2) Refined engine/ gears
    3) Highly Spacious
    4) Better fuel efficiency
    5) Better resale
    6) Lower maintanance costs.

Downsides are
    1) Low Ground clearence
    2) Higher price for the same features
    3) Scores less on Ride and Handling relatively

Punto should be considered only if it is a Diesel IMHO.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Definitely I won't be choosing Honda any day for just a reason of buying a Petrol car. In the current scenario, I strongly believe Jazz is the best petrol hatch available. If I were to buy a Petrol Sedan with 10L budget, it is none other than T-Jet.

Precisely this is what my point is.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.