1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 decided. But which version?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Re: Punto 1.2 Or Punto 1.4 or Figo 1.2?

Dear PaddleShifter,

Thanks a TON!!!!!!!

I got my answer. But one question....found that some owners mentioned that after they upgrade the AC got good mileage.
    I cannot understand that. If I buy in May/June then also I have to upgrade the AC in the current Punto 1.4 E model??

Or it was issue with the older models?

Hello, Vikrant,

I am also a new Driver. (Drove our premium padmini last 14 years ago). :(

I have cut out the Punto 1.2 from my test drive planning as this model doesnot have ABS+EBD.

So, on the TD day, I will first try Figo 1.2 T and then Punto 1.4 E.

(Though I have make my mind not to go for Figo) :)
  2. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India

FIAT was changing the AC kits for petrol Linea/Punto.
    The new models already have the new AC kits factory fitted.

I mailed you the price list of the spares. Hope it was of help.

When are you planning to buy the car?
  3. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore

@Ichimaru,

I am planning in July...if all goes well and according to the plan. :(
  4. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore

Dear Mods,

You can close the post.

Mod's Note : Locking the thread as per your request. In case you want to reopen it, please drop a PM.
  5. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Hello Guys,

Sorry for the long gap. I am back after a bad patch in family life and very stressed pro life.

After I become Dad (1 y 3 months ago) I decided now I need a 5 door car.

Ultimately with all you guys advice I fixed on Punto. After that I forced to put all my saving to buy a flat in Bangalore. But due to an (almost ) accident with my mahindra flyte now I again looking to get a Car, and PUNTO 1.3 of-course.

Now, as I have a very limited fund so need help to fix the version.

Punto 1.3 Active or Dynamic or Emotion?

My real question is; in Punto is it really MUST to have ABS+EBD?
    I donot care about other extras of Emotion version. Active version will cost me 1 Lac less.

I will not go for a race on road with family.

My main use will be monthly long drive with family. Small city drive.

Also which Bank offer 100% car loan? Which Bank's car loan is Best?
  6. wwelcome back basis.
    how are you feeling now?

if you cant stretch your budget go for the active version
    or if you can stretch it get the emotion pack(preferable) or emotion.

if you go on long trips i feel abs might become necessary.
    only short with in the city trips without abs will also do.

i feel family is important. go for the one with abs. it will be better. safety comes first.

i dont know about bank loans. sorry cant help you out on this but do check here.
    some might be of help
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/forumdisplay.php?23-Insurance-amp-Loan-Reviews
  7. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear srikaratluri,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Well, I am still not stabilized but any way it will take time.

Well, I want to go for emotion version but as it cost 7.2 L in Bangalore so want to know if I can go for Active version only.

One 1.2 Active owner told me "why you want to invest 1 L for ABS....ect" It is not needed at all in Punto!
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ABS strongly recommended if you plan to take your car to the highways. But then when I bought my car funds prevented me from going for Emotion pack, so funds is something only the buyer knows.
  9. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Hey sorry to say but who ever told you g that does not have a family to take care. Yes excerpted that punto it's very sturdy but fire those highway runs which might be frequent if you have punto, it's necessity.. The only reason I bought a punto was for it's safety features. Yes if budgets are a constrained you can go for active version no doubts but a car is an investment which you will make once in a while and might not change for another five years, then why compromise on safety of you and your family.

More than emotion, I would suggest go for the emotion pack, thee are some discounts available at the time and that will reduce your total outstanding cost. Find out from the dealers. Should be in a range of 30 k.

Again buy the emotion pack

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
  10. hi ,

as everyone who have replied you suggest ABS if budget you have. Even i`ll tell you to go for ABS for highway(you can`t stop yourself to drive out of bangalore, as i do lot :) ) if in future you try for Pete`s or any tuning box then ABS will be required.
    about car Loan try from nationalized bank like SBI,PNB etc. only pain is take some long time 15days to process. but you don`t have any pre-closure cost with it. i took from HDFC @ 12.25 as my company as in segment C in their list. but have pre-closure cost. :(

try to contact user adit (he is director of KHT motor, he can help you to give some better offer)
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.