1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 decided. But which version?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It is possible I do it with all my cars,I buy them in Kolkata,then drive them back to Bangalore,so at a go you save 60-70k(cool cash),the only thing you need to do is once in bangalore you need to do atleast one interstate trips and collect the toll slips,so even if the RTO catches you or something you can easily show the toll slips stating that you are a tourist and blah blah!!
    Btw the road tax for punto active is close to 23k in kolkata,check the exact amount(Dealers tend to inflate that amount):chair:

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

In Kolkata the On-road price is close to 6L,so there is not much difference.btw your company is paying for RTO and other charges ,so I think its better to get it from Bangalore only,as it might give you a better resale value in the future compared to WB in the near future if you wish on selling it off soon.

You should try to get as many accessories as possible,because most of the dealers are not interested in giving off cash discounts.(Reverse parking sensor/camera,seatcover ;these should be worth above 10k)

Whatever you do weigh out your options,and choose wisely...Happy puntoing!!!:redcar

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

In WB lease or no-lease road tax rate is 5% approx for 5 years.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  2. basis

basis Amatore

Thanks a lot fiatlover for the point (2).

I have started the process today! I will call all the dealers. By the way what is the Offer for this month on Punto. Which color is best?

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Thx wolverine_arnab for your wise advice. Buying from Cal is not good as you already mentioned.

Will go for Bangalore only.
  3. basis

basis Amatore

Car Owners May Not Get Subsidised Diesel + pay “Special Tax” on Diesel Cars

NEW DELHI: The government is examining proposals to increase excise duty on diesel cars, Parliament was informed today.

In a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha on whether the government is contemplating to increase excise duty on diesel cars, Minister of State Finance, S S Palanimanickam said: "Representations have been received by the government for increasing excise duty on diesel cars. These are under examination".

He further said: "The requests have been justified on the ground that diesel cars are more polluting and consume subsidised diesel providing unintended benefit to diesel car users".

The minister, quoting Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) said the total number of petrol and diesel cars together sold in the domestic market in 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12 was 15.28 lakh, 19.73 lakh and 20.16 lakh respectively.

I am confused now.

I am planning to book Pun10 1.3 Active on next month. (Though my use will be low!)

So should I proceed with my pal and book Punto or and go back to starting point and start TD of Petrol cars only?

Pl. advice.

As of now the plan is to :

1> get the final quotation for September from dealer
    2> get the calculation and Agreement with Leaseplan
    3> Leaseplan will release the PO to dealer

All these with 10th Sep,2012.

* Cancleing is not an option for me.

Then if these really applied by Govt. then how I will get affected? Can you pl. let me know bit in detail,please ?

I want delivery within September only But it again depends on the dealer only.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

How much is your usage?
    I don't think it is going to happen soon. If you want to get the diesel then get it, if price increase after that you will get benefited.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note- Thread merged. Basis, do not start any duplicate thread now. You have around 10 or more different thread regarding pre sales query. Kindly postly in those threads only for buying tips. You may report the thread to update the tiyle anytime rather than starting a new thread.

Regarding, deregulation of fuel and special taxes, there are threads already existing for the same.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

6. basis

basis Amatore

I have booked the Punto 1.3 Active today.

I just came to know from another portal the following:

Running Offer for September = Free Insurance & Roadside Cover

Limited "Absolute Edition" Offer = 50% Free Insurance & Roadside Cover + following Add-ons for Punto 2012:
    1. Satellite Navigation.
    2. Contoured Splash Guard (Mud Flaps).
    3. Carpets.
    4. Door Sills.
    5. Absolute themed Seat Covers.

Absolute Edition Terms:
    1. Applicable to all trim levels i.e. Active, Dynamic and Emotion.
    2. Will be launched in 3-4 days.
    3. Can be booked right now.
    4. Limited period - for Ganesh Festival (not sure of specifics).
    5. There is NO price change. The difference in Free Insurance offered (50% = approx 10-12k INR) offsets add-ons.

So should I get there as free?

Fiat India to launch the Absolute special editions of the Linea sedan and Grande Punto hatchback | IndianCarsBikes.in
    404 - Page not found

1. Satellite Navigation.
    2. Contoured Splash Guard (Mud Flaps).
    3. Carpets.
    4. Door Sills.
    5. Absolute themed Seat Covers.

I called Fiat but they donot have any clue.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Contact Adit from KHT motors, he might help you in this regard. He has also posted a mail adress and contact number of an SE. Try contacting him.
  8. basis

basis Amatore

I have not booked through KHT.
  9. It doesnt matter,contact your SA regarding this,as you have booked your car on 10th,so what ever new offer comes you are eligible for that..And I think this absolute pack is absolutely worth it..You will be paying 13k approx(half the insurance amt),and its a steal at that price...
  10. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Sir,

I am taking delivery of my Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Active tomorrow, i have received the Vin number from SA, today. It looks like it is manufacture of Jan'12 , is it save to buy ?

Vin No : MCA118A4E07037222ALZ. Urgent help need please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.