1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 decided. But which version?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

For a better world of complete sense, i don't see any point in buying a petrol until one doesn't have the overflowing bank account. Sorry with complete respect to all petrol owners, avoid petrol at any cost. We don't have kind of petrol heads in India who don't mind Veyron with 6mpg. Even for enthusiast, fuel expenses is a big priority. That's how it is. In city 7-8km/ltr, highway 5-6 kmpl. What's the use of riding in auto's & trains for city commutation when a brand new car is parked at home. It's a usual case these days.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

& hope that it's owner is not around:boxer.
    Don't ever think of it if you are in HR & PUN. All people have here is the punch power:mrgreen:.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Marvin, we would start from the bottom. Lets try on it's alloy RIM first::T
    Then we would open the bonnet & punch it's engine for 3 inch dent:dancing.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The real fun of petrol lies when some where near 4000+ rpm.But it is a costly affair compared to diesel.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    basis,
    Drive Diesel !
    doesnt matter how much is your daily KM drive,its old story about diesel engines....
    i remember well when i started my punto engine that too after two weeks with just small turn of ignition key.. Thats it!!!:redcar
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sungoa, It's apple & oranges things! You won't find any turbo spool in petrol then.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Go for the mighty Multijet! My office is 3 Kms from my home, but I still went with a MJD.
    I can share complicated mathematics with you or I can simply say that a Diesel makes better sense in various aspects, cost, power, fun to drive etc.
  6. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Finally today we visited KHT Motors, Whitefield, Bangalore. Discussed my scenario and need with there sr. sales guys. Took a TD of Vista Diesel (just to feel the riding and comfortness), checked the current price list of Punto.

My home minister approved Punto finally (without even a TD but we cannot have as the car was not there ).

From my huge investment as time and effort to select a car, I feel the a diesel car only should be selected if and only if :

1> use of the car is high (1500 KM +/pm)
    2> car Shouldnot be planned to keep for long term use (not more ther 5-6 years)
    as for any diesel engine as the miledge is high also note that the life of the motor will also end faster.

The Punto 1.4 cost 7.8 in Bangalore so even with 1 L (max.) year end discount it is out of my range as I feel spending anything more then 6.5 L for a hatchback is not worth.

So i will take a TD of punto 1.2 and might be going for that.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Basis, Salesman has thrown a total rubbish to you if it has been told to you in favor of petrol.
    Diesel engines operates at much lower RPMs (4500-5000 max.) whereas Petrol ones go till 7000 RPM.
    Diesel engine's life under normal maintenance conditions is always 30-40% more than petrols. The reason they manage higher mileage because of almost twice the torque they manage @comparatively far lower RPMs. Diesels peak torque falls in 1500-2500 RPM generally whereas Petrol's is always above 5000 RPM. To achieve that max. torque as well as power, you have to rev the petrol engine & that's why the mileage drastically fall.

Anyways, that not a valid criterion here at all & just a misconception. Multijet's are endured enough to run 250000 miles without any part change (around 400000 Kms). You will never see even 2005 swift DDis engines being opened & changed parts inside it. Obviously exceptions do exist like not getting the oil change timely or check coolant levels etc. I have seen one swift with the 700000 Kms on it's ODO::OO. The car was ready to be scrapped 3 yrs back as it was a cab but it's engine was ahmmmm... was perfect like my new 90 HP:A, though car was scaring hell out of me@60kmph, such terrible condition it was in. It was statement of the cab vendor by the way & i just confirmed it. I drove it with a request to check this thing only. They are unbelievable piece of sturdy machines that were/are/will ever be selling/sold in Indian car market. Its Ok if you prefer petrol but take Salesman's claim with a wink.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I agree. Get a Diesel Active instead of a Petrol Dynamic. Low end torque matters a lot.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I hardly taken my Punto to the torque hills. Not experienced the true potential of it, except for some quick touch of 150 and 140 kmph. But in diesel one is always in the torque hill. So that way in diesel one is almost close to the max potential always.
  10. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Honda Jazz (Base version) or Fiat Punto 2012 1.2 Dynamic?

Thanks Guys.

Now mads. can change the title. (Punto 1.2 Dynamic or Punto 1.3 Dynamic)

Will take TD of Punto 1.2 and 1.3 and then decide.

If get good discount of Punto 1.3 Dy (7.32 L ..Bangalore) and if no additional tax on diesel cars then might go for this,

else, Punto 1.2 Dy. (Beggars have no choice).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.