1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3 decided. But which version?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by basis, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

When people say Punto 1.2 as a under powered car I don't understand why the same specification is also available in Europe for example UK(1.2 69 bhp 102 NM). And it is there for such a long time. If UK customers has so much complaint about 1.2 as underpowered will Fiat continue it there were they have a strong presence. When we sayunderpoweredd it is coming from prejudice. It is less powerful compared with 1.4 FIRE or a Tjet or 1.8 L TSI. But it does it duty well for the customers who pay for it.

Now coming back to the price difference between 1.2Punto and Jazz. If one spend even half of the 50K for some good leather work. I don't think then there is any scope of
    complaining about interiors.

---------- Post added January 25, 2012 at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was January 24, 2012 at 05:11 PM ----------

In my 1.4 after staring it is difficult to identify whether the engine is on off. Recently one of my colleague made the same command after sitting in my car. 1.4 idling as as refined as honda.
    1 person likes this.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Same is the case with my 1.2 Active. My Dad drives a Honda city IVTec and whenever he sits in my car he say the NVH Levels are quite impressive in Punto. At idling it is almost impossible to identigy if the car is on or off.. It is just too silent..
    1 person likes this.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    at idle linea is way better than city. in city you can feel slight vibrations whereas linea does even let you feel that. it feels as if the engine is wrapped with rubber all around in linea whereas in city the engine vibrations do filter in.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

i personally feel that the 1.2 punto drives much better than the 1.4. i was surprised to see how the car zipped through city traffic, which is not that easy in my linea. this is because the torque is available at low rpms. on the other hand jazz is a great car. its got brand value which punto lacks. punto though looks classy jazz looks modern. the only thing that goes against the jazz is its maintenance cost. it too high for city no idea about the jazz.
    manza i think is the best car tata has ever made. it is "jack of all and king of none" kind of car. my friend has clocked 50k kms in his quadrajet and the car is running pretty well. if you are ok with the looks and image it is really a good car with ample of space and decent everything- ride handling etc.
    buy a punto if you are passionate about it, you will not be disappointed.
    jazz if you want smart space and brand image.
    manza only if you looking out for a true VFM car.
    1 person likes this.
  4. basis

basis Amatore

Now I am listing something from my point of view: Can within 7 L (On Road , Bangalore : with discounts)

1> Jazz : Donot like the look. But interior is One of the Best.

But my fear is : low GC and long term ownership cost.

2> Manza safire ABS 90 : Donot like the look. Donot like the Tata brand AT ALL. But due to Fiat 1.4 motor and gear bax I am Ok.

But my fear is : TATA ASS and Manza build quality...will it last long (10+ years)?

3> New Matruti Desire 2012 CS: I hate Maruti for it's odd looking cars and build quality. Swifyt a big nooo. But this new babe is ok for me.

But my fear is : 990 Kg ...build quality for long term? Mileage?

4> Punto 1.3 2012 Dynamic : I love it! Though my use does not justify Diesel and extra initial cost and high maintenance....But why should I bother about maintenance as my use will be low, as in future if my running goes up also I donot need to think much about the fuel price!

But my fear is : Issue with spare-parts on long term.

So friend, hope I have cleared my thought.

(Punto 1.2 ...out of the race)

Now can you put light on this.

Thanks in advance.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    If Diesel, go for Punto with your eyes closed. You won't regret it.
    Don't even think about Tata Cars please. If Petrol, strike it with Jazz.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    spare parts on long term ?

I see Fiat UNO still running on road and fiat palio they were the cars which hit the market when I was in school and college respectively. and do I need to mention about fiat padmini ?

when cars get old normally, for popular car like Punto and linea spare parts would also be readily available .

in old days number of cars use to be far far lesser that what it is now obviously the shortage of spare parts were serious concern.
    presently you can even buy after market ECU and everything you ask for.

and other mechanical parts can be made locally too. our people and nature of markets have changed a lot.
    from recent state of affairs we can confirm fiat is not going to quite soon rather going to stay rock solid as you might be aware they have major contract with Tata and Suzuki along with their own buziness to run with here in India

so no need to worry as long as car is well built and stands upto your taste.
  7. sathya_sc

If its a Diesel.. Go for the Punto. Its by far one of the best hatchbacks available in the market today (esp the 90hp). Also consider the Linea MJD if you are able to stretch the budget a little..

Diesel = FIAT all the way. No second thoughts. I had a Linea MJD and did 30k in a year and loved every bit of it which made me buy the T-Jet (go for a FIAT again).
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Its pretty simple:
    - Jazz: if the requirement is petrol and if you can wait
    - Punto: if the requirement is diesel. However, you should try to stretch a bit and get the Emotion if possible
  9. sungoa2010

Please test drive a punto and jazz and decide.
    New Punto has good quality plastics and inside space is a matter of taste.
    Both has a silent engine.
    So do not blindly go for Jazz if the requirement is petrol.
    Fiat hacharacterctor. It cannot be simply fade when multijet is removed from it.
    Even with a 1.2 Petrol engine it can win over Jazz in many areas.

So my advice will be if diesel go for punto(universal law)
    If petrol test drive both and go for your taste and priorities.
    Good luck
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

All the 4 belongs to different class. You have to be sure of what you want from your car. Still, out of these 4, the other 3 dont even come closure to Diesel punto - best Ride & handling, low running cost, superior build quality, chance to attain teamfiat meets :p etc etc etc.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.