1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by prashantmahant, Apr 13, 2014.

1. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Punto All the way

Hi Welcome to team fiat.
    TO be specific I was in same dilemma one year back. In-fact you started analyzing but even booked my Hyundai i10 :)

But once we test drove Punto there is no looking back!!

So I would clearly suggest Punto.

Regarding mileage I get 12-13 km/l , I wont say its fully bumper to bumper traffic. But still I feel, this is better for a car of punto's quality.

Safety on Highways is far more important rather in city limits (my personal opinion though), Car should be safer when you are cruising on highways as the effect of a mistake (either by us or other vehicle) is heavy on highways rather than in city. This case i always preferred punto :)

Now coming to selecting Petrol / Diesel:
    I opted for petrol, because my monthly usage was less ( now am making it less, because am conscious of it cost of fuel ;) ).
    As many on this forum say, once u start using, we tend to drive a lot :), so always go for a diesel once !! . This is at least true in my case.
    Now even though i feel like i want to drive daily , I control myself :(

Final choice would be : Punto 1.3 Active should be around 6.7 lakhs My wild guess by the time u buy. its 100 % worth it .

I hope you don't write a similar post like me in team fiat later in future ;)
    1 person likes this.
  2. prashantmahant

prashantmahant Timido

Ahmedabad
    thanks Rohit,
    I am not comparing i10 with punto, I just says that I am divert from i10 to putto.
    so you can understand how much budget i have to increase, but any way I will mange it for a good car.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hi PrashantMahant,

If as suggested by Paddleshifter and also svvicky, I would also suggest you to look at Punto MJD. If you want to keep cost low maybe you can go for active or dynamic Punto MJD as per your budget flexibility and discounts. I would suggest you Punto sports but that could be stretching budget too much.

What are your thoughts about a Diesel given that your running maybe 1200kms. Please comment on the same.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, lets not confuse Prashant much. :) Punto 1.2 Active or Punto 1.3 diesel Active can serve the purpose well.

@Prashant- I would advise you to wait till December (if you can) and then make your decision depending upon the available discount.

In December 2013, Fiat offered a massive discount of Rs65,000/- to Rs1,00,000/- on Fiat cars. If something like this comes up again in recent times or in December 2014, it would an awesome time to buy the Punto instead of i10.
  5. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

PHAGWARA
    Bhai don't buy petrol vehicle. Buy diesel. Not only economical but power is also a plus in diesel. Engine is very refined and clutch is very soft. Steering is just awesome perfect calibration. I just had 396 kms drive in 24 hours and no sign of fatigue . more than 200 km was on hills oh himachal. Mileage during this trip was 20.2 kmpl

Sent from my A12+ using Tapatalk
  6. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

PHAGWARA
    Here ex showroom after discount is 5.23 lacs 1.3 mjd

Sent from my A12+ using Tapatalk
  7. prashantmahant

prashantmahant Timido

Ahmedabad
    thanks for advice,
    and many thanks for calling BHAI

- - - Merged Post - - -

thanks for sparing time for your helpful advice, I will wait till december.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you wont have to wait till december, as soon as new punto is launched, these old ones will be going for dhamaka discount !!

If you are not averse to used cars, i would say thats the best option, look for some well kept specimens, well maintained ones, in which you wont lose all the features of high end variant and get it for the price of low end or even cheaper if you are lucky , as there is no fixed rate for fiats like for swift/innova !!
  9. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Though the 1.3 MJD is more powerful compared to the 1.2 fire, you can't say that the diesel car is more economical.
    With a price difference of more than a lakh between the two, the petrol would be economical if his daily running would be very less.
    Also a petrol engine would always be more refined than a diesel even if the diesel is a mjd! :-D