1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by prashantmahant, Apr 13, 2014.

1. prashantmahant

prashantmahant Timido

Ahmedabad
    I am new team fiat, I decided to buy punt 1.2 dynamic next december,before coming to this decision I was decide to purchase i10 magna, but when I make test drive to punto it completely change my mind,

now I want to know something more about pinto, to be fankly speaking I can’t afford costly car and you know that price diff between i10 and punto but i will manage it thats why decide to buy it in december. in this period i will save some money to make more down payment to reduce monthly emi of loan.

now second issue is mileage i10 claimed 19.7 KMPL while punto claimed 15.7 in their brochure. its almmost 5 km less then i10, and as we all know we have to consider 2km less then company claimed, when i ask this to person at fiat show room they told me you can consider 2 KM more than co claimed,

so pl advice me it is true?
    1 person likes this.
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Good That you decided to go for Punto.yes it is true but i will suggest you to TD Linea classic.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Prashant, welcome to Team FIAT India.

Well, you can not compare i10 with a FIAT Punto as Punto belongs to i20 segment whereas i10 is below Punto. Punto 1.2 mileage is comparable to mileage of i20 petrol.

i10 surely gives more mileage. i10 is a smaller car, very thin body sheet and light doors. It offered no safety in the crash tests. Let me quote from 2 articles below:

Tata Nano, other Indian small cars fail independent crash tests | NDTV.com
    Popular small cars Alto, i10, Nano fail crash test: Global NCAP - Economic Times
    Obviously, i10 gives more mileage being so light.

My advise would be to write down your priorities and then decide according to your budget. i10 is a good car in itself but is no match for higher segment cars like i20/Punto/Polo etc.
    1 person likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    PrashantMahant,

Welcome to the forum.

A couple of questions if you can share the answer with us...
    What will be your daily running?
    Will it be more in bumper to bumper traffic?
    How often will you go out of town with family?
    How important is crash safety for you? (depending also on your driving style and conditions)

As paddleshifter mentioned, the class of car that Punto is; stands even better than an i20 as far as safety, road handling and steering preciseness is concerned.

Hyundai i10, IMHO is for people who prefer zipping around in a compact hatchback (suited in Metros where driving is very less and driving can be a pain.) It will be appreciated much more by older Men-Women and ladies in general. If you are looking for simple short daily drives, involving mainly city traffic and narrow lanes an i10 can work better.

If you want to experience some adrenaline rush go for Punto. If you value safety a lot, Punto will offer much better safety, definitely much more than i10 or hondas.

If you love driving or want to experience a european standard car look no further, Punto is a very fine example. In more simpler terms driving Fiat cars at length will make you well recognise a uniqueness that Japanese and Korean cars cannot offer. You have to own one to experience it.
  5. prashantmahant

prashantmahant Timido

Ahmedabad
    thanks for suggestion, but my budget won't allow me for that
  6. prashantmahant

prashantmahant Timido

Ahmedabad
    as it will my first own car i can't tell you exact daily running, its may be 1000 to 1200 KM per month,
    but its clear that i want more safety and also comfort which I experienced while test drive of punto.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    At 1000-1200km per month, you can look at a diesel car by the way.

I just checked the Hyundai India website.

The price of i10 magna petrol with metallic paint options is Rs 4.20 lacs ex-showroom (Ahmedabad) and be advised that i10 only comes with a 1.1 liter petrol engine. The 1.2 liter petrol engine has been reserved for grand i10 and i20 now.

Is your budget upto 5 lacs? Then you can have a Punto 1.3 diesel in December in case Fiat gives good discount in December 2014 like it did in December 2013.

Please list your budget and requirements so that we can recommend a car well suited to your requirement.
  8. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

PHAGWARA
    Sorry to pop in. There are two things subjective in this case

1. You are planning buy in december . so wait for new Punto

2. You are comparing Punto with i10. It means you need to learn a lot about cars.

You have enough time . all the best

Sent from my A12+ using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  9. prashantmahant

prashantmahant Timido

Ahmedabad
    Yes My budget is 5 lacs? you meant in december fiat will offer that much of discount so I can go for 1.3?
  10. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Prashant it means you can go for the December'2013 make car, since this is a new calendar year the company would offer you more discount for a previous year made car.

My opinion, Diesel car is more efficient and fuel is cheaper but maintenance/specific part prices are considerable higher on diesel to petrol car and if you just have about 1000 kms a month city driving then petrol makes sense, even if let's say you buy a petrol car and you use AC full time on Bumper2Bumper traffic you will definitely get lower FuelEconomy but you will save on cost initially for buying a Petrol car over Diesel.</SPAN>

On the other side if you do plan for regular trips outskirts then invest on the diesel car and enjoy a very good FE.

Punto is a heavy car (a little over a ton), may be it does not have gizmos around like the i-10 but what Punto offers is the Ride/Handling/Creature Comforts (like the AC/Power Steering/Power Windows, Music system with Speakers and Center Locking) and a Elegant looking car oh yes the most important thing, Safety.</SPAN>