1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 vs Swift 1.3

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by HopeNGlory, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    considering the difference in build quality of the two cars, i guess 5 yrs old swift would have pretty much lived its life where as 4 yrs old punto would be good to go for another 6 yrs :)! you might have felt this while test driving!
    5 people like this.
  2. HopeNGlory

HopeNGlory

Andheri E
    Thanks shams, yes you are probably right, one of the reason I dont want to go for Swift as it 6-7 yrs old and if I plan to have it for another 2-3 years it will be 10 yrs old car, the punto on the other hand is 3-4 yrs and should last for a few years. yes the Punto does feel alot more sturdy than Swift..

to make it interesting, there is not car in the equation but I am ok stretching my budget for the same, there is a beautiful Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack (WOW) for a another 75 k , 2009 model, Sep 2009. Fully loaded (ABS/Air Bags).. so I am thinking .. thinking.. thinking.. :)
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Punto is leagues ahead than Swift for having a sturdy build quality,if you can stretch your budget then get that Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack which is fully loaded.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i would vote for this one solely for safety features! if you can stretch a bit, do not compromise on safety!
    however as others have also suggested, try to find a diesel unless your running is going to be very low
  5. HopeNGlory

HopeNGlory

Andheri E
    thanks Shams, well I did go and see this car on the weekend, also drove it for a while and YES it is a premium feel to drive and handle both, the ride quality is good (this is purely on how I felt while driving) the interiors feel nice and neat. Also this being a 1.4 Emotion Pack was fully loaded car. The only question I had was on re-sale value but apart from that I went for it, checked the documents, service history and paid the token amount.

what happened later was a bit of disappointment, unfortunately the seller in this case got a better offer from someone else and decided to sell the car and I got my token money back, a bit disappointment but may be for the best. so I am back on the search again.

Also the Ocean blue 2009, 1.2 Punto Active has also been sold.. Swift is still a backup plan and not a compromise

I also drove a Ford Figo, a good drive , decent handling but did not get a premium feel.. but not a bad car I must say

the options that I have now are
    1. 2010- Ford Figo 1.2 Duratec Petrol
    2. 2008 - Skoda Fabia Elegance 1.2

still looking the..
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have experience with Figo 1.2 petrol and would thus advise you against it. If you check the torque figures of Punto 1.2 vs Figo 1.2, you will understand how Figo gives peak torque at a very high rpm as compared to Punto. Both the cars have similar kerb weight and thus Figo does feel sluggish.
  7. HopeNGlory

HopeNGlory

Andheri E
    Thanks, Ford Figo 1.2 did not impress me, so I am ruling it out, quite keen to see the Fabia 1.2 Elegance while still looking for a 1.4 Emotion Pack.
  8. HopeNGlory

HopeNGlory

Andheri E
    After a month of searching, a few test drives, a token return, I have managed to get my self a second hand i20, while the 1.4 Emotion Pack was a very good car, it was becoming difficult of find a car in good condition. most of the fiat that I was looking / doing a test drive were 2009 / 2010 models and there was also the pressure of re-sale value.

As much as I would have loved to own a Fiat Punto, I guess I will have to wait until next time, may be next time I buy a brand new Fiat Punto.

I am still keen to be apart of this forum, but I dont know if I own a i20, can is till be, thanks for all your help guys, until next time.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrtaulations, i20 is also a nice car. Enjoy it.

This thread is locked now.

You are welcome to continue to TFI and can use Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers section.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.