1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 Petrol or Honda Brio

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by srida, Oct 13, 2012.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ srida
    Don't be impress by paper figures of power of brio.
    I request you to check rpm at which max.torque of brio generates. I am not sure but definately it may be beyond 4000 rpm. OMG such at a high rpm

Max.Torque of punto is available at 2500 rpm. Means great drivability & less gear changes.In 1.2 punto you don't have to press too much throttle to get potencial from it.

In addition to that I think girls are also in need of precise steering,class leading ride & handling,road stability & most important safety. If all these positive points are present in punto then why others light-weighted korean & japanese brands?

1.2 FIRE engine is punchier than honda.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. Srida, If the car you are going to buy is only for your sister's use, and if the usage is only 20kms per day.. Punto may look bigger for her. My opinion is that you can consider Chevy Beat too. It is nice to handle in cities. Small in size, good mileage and built quality. However Brio is also a nice option to buy..
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Out of Brio and Punto 1.2, I will select Brio as Punto 1.2 does not have safety features and its not VFM.

Check the prices of top end variants of both cars.

For your sister I will suggest to wait till end of October as new Spark is going to launched and its worth to wait for new Spark. Spark will be the best car for your sister Srida.
  4. My dad mom nd sis, by today evening almost checked out all the hatchback and TDed Brio, Beat diesel, Spark, Ritz vdi and Punto Diesel, yes it was a diesel. And you guys know what, my dad was impressed with Punto and he almost zeroed punto until they crossed the Renault showroom, where they checked out the pulse. Pulse diesel TD experience, price, premium feel, and features put him into a dilemma. I didn't expect a uturn here and I apologize to everybody who had replied to my query about punto 1.2 vs brio which is not gonna happen.
    Why was a U turn here all of a sudden ?
    My dad after checking out all cars felt punto is perfect in built, space, drive and convinced my sister too. But after checking out pulse he feels the car is equally good to drive for city, built well, more or less same feature , priced lower and has a steering for girls / elders which is the only reason for the dilemma.
    I have asked him nd my sis to TD punto tomorrow once again and then decide. My sis likes pulse very much and my dad feels punto is a safer bet (thanks to my ownership experience) and feels pulse is a sensible buy. Now I have to wait for their decision as I have nothing I can do.

I thank you all for the replies and advises and once again sorry to bring up a discussion for which things are not gonna happen.
    2 people like this.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Premium feel? I haven't checked out the Pulse but if the materials used are same as Micra then I really don't think the Pulse will be better then Punto. I did check out the Sunny and at 10 lakhs for top end diesel, the interiors don't feel premium.

Can you tell us the price & features of both the car's similar variants?

The problem now seems that your sis has taken a liking to the Pulse and since it's going to be her car, her decision will be final. As good as the Renault diesel engine is, I prefer the Fiat MJD over it any day.

If it was me I would pick the Punto Dynamic MJD over the Pulse diesel. Do let us know which car won.

If it is the Pulse, then bargain hard. That car sells as much as & in some months even less then Punto!
    1 person likes this.
  6. The biggest drawback in pulse is/was poor braking,its even worse than swift vdi...Drive it to feel it...I never came across a renault SC,so consider that point as well...If it is diesel,punto it is...
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Srida please note Pulse is not equipped with ABS (top end variant too).

Take brochures of Punto and Pulse with you and try to convince your family with dimensions, engine specs, features, wheelbase (pulse = 2450) and Punto's wheelbase is more than 2500.

IMO Pulse does not have premium feel than Punto. If want to select from Pulse and Punto, I will choose Punto anytime for great handling, engine response, features, safety and service centers.
  8. If you start considering pulse and ritz, no doubt you can blindly go for punto MJD... Ts a perfect choice...
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i10 or Ford Figo the best considering the budget and performance...
  10. figo petrol is not at all a good car,new face lifted figo will be launched this month,so you can even wait for that...