1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 FIRE AC Retro Kit

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by shashanknathani, Jan 18, 2011.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    My vehicle is presently at the Service Center and getting the AC Retro Kit Upgrade :car (This is how FIAT calls it) and a minor accidental repair and will be back in my hands by Friday...

To start with... I am from Hyderabad and Reach out to Malik cars for all my Car queries and issues... They have always been very nice to me (i have used the word "nice" as TATA After Sales Service is questioned everywhere :dance ). I just called up FIAT Service Adviser @ Malik to inquire about the coolant level down issue and he asked me to bring the car to the Service Center, if possible and till then put some Distilled water... Then itself i asked him about the AC Retro Kit and he said that it has not arrived for my vehicle (FIAT is sending the kit in batches). he also asked me to check with Concorde Motors (as my car was bought from them). Called up the SA @ Concorde, and he directed me to the Sales Person @ showroom from whom i bought the car. I was not able to reach him and then Called Mr. Bharani (He is here with us @ TFI). He helped me inquire about the part and reached out to the SA regarding the AC Kit issue. The final response from Concorde was that No such kit has arrived yet to them :confused1 ...

Had a talk with one of my friend who got his upgrade done from Concorde and told me that it is for all the cars and the dealer who sold the vehicle can very well go ahead and upgrade it ::pP ... So Malik guy was right that he can only do it if Concorde Guys give the part to him or FIAT sends a mail ...

Just thought of getting our sweet FIAT Team into it and shooted a mail to them... I Requested FIAT to send the upgrade kit to Malik cars instead of Concorde... There comes the reply "Sir we are following up with both the dealers and you will get the response soon regarding the same" :clap

What do you all think happened after that.... Was FIAT Actually following or it was just another response from FIAT.. I am asking this to check the notion among we fellows about FIAT...

To be continued....
  2. shashanknathani

Pune
    Off-Topic: the coolant level was down because of a leakage and it will be rectified with the upgrade...
  3. shashanknathani

Pune
    Well.... Fiat did followed up and that too in just 45 minutes... Wow!!!! what a response?

Received a call from Concorde Motors to fix an appointment for the AC Retro Kit upgrade for Monday (17th Jan). I told them about the small accident and insurance claim for that. The SA told me that i have to leave the car for 4-5 days for all these works. Just for luck i asked the Guy for the Loaner Vehicle...

To my bigger surprise he agreed... He said that FIAT has given them strict guidelines to upgrade the ECU and AC for your vehicle and requested me to reach there by 9 AM.

Now comes the real part... The Monday morning... I forgot about the appointment and they called me at 11 and said that they are waiting for the car ::D ....I reached the Service Center @ 12:30 and the SA was all ready with everything. He took me to the body shop for the Accidental repair and insurance claim, he asked me to fill the claim form and wow the Surveyor was waiting for me... All done in next 25 minutes... and then he handed me an Indica Vista Safire (Aura)......

I am driving the Vista for last four days now and comparing each and every bit of this car with my lovely Punto... I must admit i am missing the beauty a lot...
    So far i have driven 243 kms in the Vista and there are lot many things that i feel TATA tried to copy from FIAT and failed big time...

I must admit the treatment from the Concorde Motors so far has been ecstatic and i am very much pleased. Received the call from SA today morning and he told me that the AC Retro and ECU has been upgraded and the vehicle is now in Paint shop and will be ready by tomorrow afternoon.

I started this thread especially after reading Ratan Sir's thread and the problems he faced from the After Sales Service.... I now feel that Its just the matter of the dealer and TATA ASC's pay a lot of attention to FIAT cars (If FIAT intervenes)....

I have found few major differences b/w Punto and Vista and will list them out very soon in next post. They both share the same 1.2 FIRE engine....
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good that Tata works after Fiat intervenes. But why should we always contact Fiat. Tata should provide service without intervention.

ANyway, hope you get your soon, in nice condition.
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    A Quick update.... All that glitters is not gold.... Went to see my car yesterday and to my surprise the AC Retro Fitment is not done, the SA had no idea about why so... Even the body work is completed but they have not done the rubbing polish and the area looks dull...

Another issue with Concorde.... I actually processed a claim with Tata Motors Insurance and ICICI Lombard tie up Policy... The claim number was provided, Surveyor also called me to enquire about the accident and told me that how much do i have to pay after cashless claim.... My vehicle body work is completed and ready for delivery and the body shop incharge now informed me that the claim cannot be processed as the policy is not active... I have taken the policy from Malik Cars in October 2010 before the lapse of my old policy and paid by cash. I have the policy with me stamped and signed by ICICI people and valid till 30th October 2011.
    Is it possible that the Policy becomes inactive automatically....
    Now the Corcorde people are saying me to take my vehicle by making the cash payment.

What should i do now...

I have forgotten about the AC kit now and just want my car back ASAP from the demons