1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 Emotion - FE Query

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by srijith, Oct 9, 2013.

1. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

What will be the best rpm to shift gears in fire petrol for better fuel efficiency ?
  2. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I occasionally drive my uncle's 1.2, 2009 model, BSIII. To me, when I get into this 1.2 I often revv it upto 4k rpm(max), while driving in state highways, as I'm much spoilt by the torque of my Linea MJD.

So far, the worst I got from 1.2 in highways was 12km/l and that's only when you drive past 120kph. Anymore than that, the fuel efficiency goes for a toss. As long as you keep upshift at ~2000rpm, I feel you'll be able to get decent FE. As long as you have a light foot and speeding at 80-100kph in the highways, you should be able to get 'minimum' 15km/l. Proper driving could easily fetch you 17-18km/l.

Also, do check the tyre pressure. Do fill it with nitrogen.
  3. srijith

srijith Timido

navi Mumbai
    @Avinash - Thanks a Ton buddy for such a great advice. Well as far as my upshift is concerned I do it between 25000rpm - 3000rpm. can this be a reason?
    Secondly I have been filling air rather than Nitrogen, coz ever since I have bought this car, I have been filling Air & not nitrogen. Can I fill nitrogen in the same tyre where I used to fill Air?

So you would like to say if I will drive my car between 80-100km/hr I should easily get average of 15km/l for sure? Is it?

Well I am have been trying hard to find out the average from the display but could not find it. cAn u please tell me looking into the picture along with this reply. 101020131410.jpg

The Air pressure what I keep in all my tyres are 3.2 is it fair enuf?

I look forward to hear from all the members to understand the FE of fiat punto 1.2 Emotion (Petrol)

Srijith ^