1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kb10, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Thanks kedarbendre,rishike007,varunrtr.

@kedarbendre & varunrtr : I did not check with him which model he has for 2012 model.maybe i can check.but also need to check which color as well.as at home they are specific with wine red color.cant help on that.Its the wish from home;).
    Also 1.4 is definitely a better option compared to 1.2,but after going through all the numerous posts with the 1.2 owners,I think I should be ok with 1.2 to balance out the efficiency and power.Needs to experience personally though.

Infact when we went to book the car,my wife saw tata indica Vx which is launched and seeing the interiors and space she wanted to but that instead of punto:(.I must say that why Fiat does not improve the quality of interiors considering the fact they are pricing at par with most of the premium hatchback and the competitors have much better quality interiors.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Yes, Interiors are not as in Linea. But Punto is much better than Vista. Hydraulic steering, excellent handling, easy to drive than Vista.
    Punto is more VFM than Vista; Best looking car; Compare its nose with maserati sports car. You could easily convince anyone holding on to your decision of buying a Punto!

- - - Merged Post - - -

2012 Punto available in Medium grey with a dealer I know in Tamilnadu.
  3. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    finally one more step towards the Italian beauty.Did the PDI of the car today.The display showed 100kms. I was being told that the car is driven from the factory from Ranjangaon to the yard at Chikhali.
    This was born on 29Jan 2013 and 16 days old now:).Very dirty and when I saw,but was assured to have the cleaning and pdi done by them as well.Everything else was fine.Except that i saw some panel gaps near the driver side.Also the passenger glove box was loose.I think its the issue with all puntos. Maybe you can tell.
    Posting some pics in few mins

- - - Merged Post - - -

DSC_0214.jpg my car
  4. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    was checking the distance from factory to yard.Its close to 65-70 kms.not sure what about additional 40kms.i do not think it has been used as a test car as it is manf Jan end.Is that a cause of concern?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't worry about few KMs, if other thing is fine, them just enjoy.
  6. slbaite

slbaite

New Delhi
    Congratulations Mr. kb10.You are now the proud owner of the Beauty Italy Queen.My heart too belongs to this.

Have you checked the Audio system?Is there any improvement in 2013 made model?I have checked the 2012 model & there is no bass at all & very shallow.

I am planing to book the same as yours this month.I was comparing with Polo which has features even more temptin like Aux in, USB port & better sound system in their Comfortline 2013 made.

Do post some more pics of your Beauty Queen :)

Regards
    Baite
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  7. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    thanks Ravi,Slbaite
    @Ravi,I thought I would be the first one to drive after its out of factory:))

@Slbaite, I did check the audio system.It was nice and bass seemed good.I cannot say if its better than 2012 model as I have not listened to it.
    I had one more observation.The golve box on the passenger side( bottom one),is not completely sealed.I mean if you open it,you can see the internal wiring etc.I was thinking that it would be covered from top as well,otherwise if we put something in that and during jerks,the things would jump and fall into the wiring area.
    I hope Iam clear.Could someone please check this and let me know if that is the case?

I have pointed this to the guy at the yard and he said that he will get it checked.There was some minor misalignment in the panels at the dashboard which he told would be done during their PDI at the yard.
  8. slbaite

slbaite

New Delhi
    I test drove a 2013 made 1.2 dynamic & the bass seems alrite as u said.but sorry that i did not checked the glove box & cant advice :(

I am planing to book Grande Punto 1.2 Dynamic 2013 (Tuscan Wine same as yours) on coming Monday. The offers are (By Fiat Caffe, Janpath, Delhi):

1) Insurance free
    2) RSA free
    3) Corporate Discount
    4) Additional Rs. 2000 to 3000 cash discount
    5) Mud Flaps &
    6) Floor Mats

I inquire about door sil, reverse parking sensor & USB port and he said that the same can be installed at additional cost (not free).

The cash discount in point-4 is offer when I said that I know a friend in TEAMFIAT who bought the same & got case discount deal i.e. YOU (Hats-Off to TEAMFIAT) :dancing

Kindly advice if the offers listed are appropriate or do I have to ask more?? Also is the 100% booking amount refundable if booking is cancelled?
  9. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    @slbaite : I think the deal seems good. Infact point no 4 is what is additional best deal I would say.You can still bargain more until the last moment.You never know if you are able to get more.
    You can also check and ask the glove box part when you go next time
  10. Pradeepsrec

Pradeepsrec

Chennai
    Hi KB10,

Congratulations on your new ride!!
    We also booked a 1.2L Dynamic from RDC Chennai. We booked it on 23rd Jan, however, I am still need to get an VIN number. We were told that there are no 1.2L manufactured at factory and RDC is waiting information from factory to understand if there were any 2013 make of 1.2L Dynamic. Hope all goes well and waiting to hear from RDC.
    If possible, could you please share the year code for 2013 in VIN.

Regards,
    Pradeep
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.