1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 Dynamic OR Punto D1 1.3 M.jet Active

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by meples, Sep 9, 2013.

1. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Need your help in deciding which one to go for. I live in Bangalore and this is going to be my first car. I won't be driving much during the weekdays as my office is very close to my house. I plan to take it out only on the weekends. Everyone's been asking me to go for the Punto Diesel (if I plan to go for Punto at all).

Would appreciate if you could help me out.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If you can stretch the budget, go for the Dynamic diesel. It has loads of goodies and only leaves out a few things which you get in the Emotion variant. The Dynamic has the ABS as well.

Yes, diesel may not make much sense given the limited usage. But I'm biased towards diesels a bit much. Make those weekend trips longer ;)

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Things would definitely change when you take the car in your hand. If the budget don't really damage your pocket then go for Dynamic diesel as Gurjinder suggested.
  4. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Gurjinder, thanks RedPoint.

Is the Punto 1.2 Dynamic really a gas-guzzler? I would like to go for the Diesel variant, but it's expensive for my budget right now.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1.2 is not a gas gazzler, but not a great engine either in performance.
    Take 1.3 Active instead.

But all depends on your liking, have a test drive of both and make a decision.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    If your running is not much then it makes sense to buy a petrol car. Have you test driven the 1.4 Fire Punto. My office colleague who owns one has been getting around 14kmpl in the city runs and 16kmpl on highways. He too has limited running but had got it preowned.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Though 1.3 mjd is the master blaster engine, I can say 1.2 is the perfect petrol engine from FIAT.

If you are not bothering about the fuel efficiency then please take the TD of 1.4 too. :)
  8. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Meples, Go for Diesel or 1.4 petrol as many suggested. I own a 1.2 petrol and it gives 12 Kms/L in Medium to heavy traffic. Take off is very slow and i find it difficult to drive in heavy traffic with frequent gear shifts. Test drive both and decide :)
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Go for 1.4 Petrol Dynamic..
    Mine is 1.2 Petrol city driving in Mumbai gives me 11 kmpl and 15 kmpl in a expressway.