1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 a beautiful car with one major issue!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by arun_chak, Nov 23, 2010.

1. kalis

kalis

Hyderabad
    Even i have this problem.. i tried to escalate to many people in tata, fiat but they say that this is teh usual behaviour.. I have left the vehicle in the showroom "Tejaswi Motors" Hyd. and using my old car.. I'm constantly speaking with them but still there is no reply.. I'm palnning to shoot a vedio and telecast in HMTV, E TV, NTV and post a complaint in consumer forum.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ::pP
    I would suggest you try the same driving pattern on another vehicle and see that you don't stall it. It might save you a lot of embarrassment later on.
    May be you are better off driving an automatic transmission car.
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

I guess this is getting too serious... I have a solution: I can help you with this... Give me call on my cell 9701513920, We can meet sometime over the weekend and i can make you drive my car and try and replicate the issue ...

If you find the issue in my car too... i can help you to change the driving style a bit as required to drive Punto, i never faced this issue,, i didn't even knew that there exists any issue like this before i read this thread....

If you don't find the issue in my car... we have a solution.. we can take second opinion by visiting Malik cars an check there...

I suggest you to take your car back from the TASC... there is no point in keeping your car to the TASC for such a long time and when you know that they are not working on it at all.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hey this is good news! :) Hope Shashank and Kalis are able to work this out. :up
  5. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    TFI really helps :). BTW I got my first service done (3k KMS). Concorde TASS installed the new A/C retro kit for better cooling. I do see some improvement in A/C. Will let you know the final verdict in couple of days. But they charged 550/- to refill the coolant. I guess that is not FOC from fiat ;)
  6. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Instead of getting frustrated, I will suggest you a trick :) ... Never let car go below 1000 rpm in any gear. If you see her going down change to lower gear immediately. At 1000 rpm engine has enough power to generate vacuum in break booster. This worked for me, let me know if it works for you.
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Refilling was done foc for most of the members ... Why should the owners pay for it ???? :confused
  8. mchezy

mchezy

Chennai
    Hi all, I am very late to join in this discussion, but still i also wanted to share my experience. I had the same prob in my initial days when i purchase 1.2 E GP 5 months back. I was very new for driving and reported this as a issue to VST motors, Chennai. The service guy advised me to change my driving style as you guys suggested. Later on i got used to my punto and i never faced this prob at all. Also am about to complete 4.5k kms and i get mileage of 11 kmpl in city. I got chaged my a/c retro kit from VST two weeks back and replaced with foc. But service person told to pour 1 ltr of pure water after 2 or 3 days. Now i feel a/c cooling effect is bit better. Overall i enjoy my riding with GP. Cheers...
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I bought my car on 3rd Sept 2010. Do I need to change the AC Retro Kit for my car. Its 1.2 Emotion Please help.
  10. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    1 ltr of pure water ? ::pP .... Can you tell where to pour?