1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 a beautiful car with one major issue!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by arun_chak, Nov 23, 2010.

1. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    What is anti stall exactly?
  2. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    From what I can understand from the discussion in this forum is.. Anti Stall is a feature in Fiat engine which ensures that the engine does not stall when it goes down to about 600-700 RPM. In other cars typically the engine stalls/knocks. All essential components steering, AC, brakes (EBD) + clutch derive the power from engine directly. Hence when the anti-stall kicks in the engine will not efficiently create vacuum in break booster (for 1.2). This results in break to become hard. Workaround is to press the clutch fully when you apply break which would ensure that engine's rpm doesn't goes down substantially.... Phew!! :idea:
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Aah Yes. You are right :drinks
  4. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    You bet :mrgreen:
  5. Onjoy

Onjoy

Siliguri
    :wow :redcar :redcar :redcar :redcar :redcar :redcar :steering
    Hi friends,, It's my pleasure to see your's nice response to make my decision wise. After reading all the response about my q i'm boosted like nitrous filled and again take a test drive today. I'm easily create the brake jam problem several time on-road and understand the character of the car, it's just need full clutch pressure instance of half clutch when RPM go down like 600-700 with A.C.. As you all said you all are overcome the problem with this "Punto habit" now i think it's the time to change myself as "PUN-BIT Driver". A.C. is not effective, instance pickup is low but nothing is is very bad. Actually i don't wan't to miss such like a beauty-full car within my reach. Thanks again my friends, due to color (White) not ready possibly i get the car within 20th jan 2011. Hope TeamFiat always guide me and help me in feature.
    :steering :redcar :redcar :redcar :redcar :redcar :redcar :steering
  6. Onjoy

Onjoy

Siliguri
    Hi friends, what is actual on-road mileage of punto 1.2 ?
  7. arun687

arun687

Mumbai
    ^
    I get about 12.5-13.5 overall FE in Navi Mumbai with AC. Done 3.2k kms till now. FE has been improving gradually every tankfill.
  8. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Actually that is a very good FE for 1.2. During my starting days I was getting 8kmpl. Now it has come to 10kmpl. I have done 1800. Waiting for it to go up further. From what I hear is 11-12kmpl is the normal FE of this car in city. On highways I got 14.5kmpl.
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I am consistently getting around 13-13.5 for last six months... I always do tankful to tankful and in In-Car display it always shows around 13.7-13.8... About Hyderabad Traffic "No Comments, i am scared of two and three wheelers here... :D"

Regards,
    Shashank
    Punto Active 1.2, 18000+ kms
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,
    I have crossed 4K mark and as Arun said, FE improves with every 1000Km. My initial milage was 8/10 Kmpl [City/HW] and now it is giving 12/15Kmpl with 100% A/C.

Rajeev