1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 a beautiful car with one major issue!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by arun_chak, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Heres what a FIAT 1.2 ECU looks like

Tech specs :
    1.2 litre Year 2000 - onwards
    ECU Type - Magneti Marelli IAW 59F

Cheers
    TND

FIAT 1.2 ECU.jpg
  2. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Thanks TND
  3. Onjoy

Onjoy

Siliguri
    last week i had booked a fiat punto1.2 and side by side i'm starting to search details about the car. After reading lot's of forum about "Brake Fail issue" now i'm totally confused to make the perfect decision. After mail to Fiat official, they replay
    " Please note that we do not have any Brake Problem on Punto 1.2.
    The incidents on blogs may be one off case due to some user / vehicle specific issue which can be resolved. We invite the customers who have mentioned their cases in the blogs so that we can understand their individual issues and give individual solutions
    ." (MADHUR SHARMA "madhur.sharma@tatamotors.com )

So friends, what to do? what is wise decision? Is this right time to go with Punto 1.2 or not? your replay may be helpful to save my money and honey.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Onjoy, Go ahead and buy the car. I personally feel that the issues being reported are due to improper driving habits. There are many people who owns these cars and have NEVER faced the issue. :up
  5. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Ok, I bet there are many other owners who has faced this issue in 1.2. Instead of saying "improper driving habits" ::O .. I would say driving habit which is not suited to Punto 1.2 ::V . But after following the advice of the members I changed my driving style and not facing this issue. On the same line I also accept that Punto breaks are very efficient in its segment.

@Onjoy : I would suggest take a small test drive (~7kms) in city and see if you are able to experience it. If you don't then your driving style suits Punto ::T
  6. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Arun

It is good know that finally you and your Punto liked/bonded together very well. ::D ::D
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I have never faced this issue in my 14 months of ownership and 18K+ kms of drive in the Punto... The car will feel a little underpowered in the initial days and you have to learn to accept it and then after 6K+ it will be a vroooooommmmmmmmm
  8. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    Hey arun did your prblm got resolved? please check your mail at the forum....ttmk8l
  9. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Yes seen your mail. Actually today I dropped in Concorde motor showroom and talk to SA about ECU. He said that actually there are not doing anything with ECU rather they are fitting air-conditioning retrofit kit which they received from FIAT for 1.2 models. Also nowadays I am not bothered about this issue after understanding that FIAT is equipped with anti-stall (Thanks to team-fiat). All I am doing is consciously adapting my driving style to as what Punto likes ::O
  10. arka_prava

arka_prava

Kolkota
    can u tell me ur manufac date,so that i can find out wheather my car also need the ac upgrade.md