1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 a beautiful car with one major issue!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by arun_chak, Nov 23, 2010.

1. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Ok, but Nitin says that he also test drove i20 and Polo, which are typical B+ segment. He was not able to recreate issue in these two cars. Not sure as how anti stall works in these cars.
  2. Arun , INisT to bleed the god Darn Clutch @ TASC!
    and check for clutch hardness or if its squeaking ?
    If not also check for the air gap while clutch bleeding happens.
    This will ideally take some time , fyi if the clutch bleeding was done before and shows in any of the previous jobcards
    than ensure you be patient with the service guys because a Hardcore Fiat Service tech will ideally say
    "Ek baar clutch bait gaya tho time lagega" In other words its not a 30 min job,its a methodical process!
    Give him the time he needs

Also on the 3rd Dec it was very clearly mentioned by Mr.Kapoor that the New AC ECU update has taken place which helps better cooling
    but to my curiousty theres something which is mapped/related to this braking saga and FIAT is sensibly accepting the market needs and rates
    highly on customer input/feedback however this so called replacement can be
    done FOC for petrol Owners only 1.2 & 1.4 mills

AFAIK, this is my first glance on this space and i am startled to know why havnt i faced any braking issues being my first car ?
    I have driven a xylo E8 and Aria (test ride) but thats OT
    I do also recollect i am very conservative driver and quick adjuster to way car needs to be driven

Trust me Pal , the drive is Bold and FIat is always playing Bold to fix issues come what May!!!
    (Heck they are even changing wiper blades as FOC on Service Charts & camps)

Hope this helps
    TND
  3. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    @TND: Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I got this car on Nov-2010. Will it have a new AC ECU or older one. How can I check and confirm?

4. Nov 2010 is fairly new i think you can drop in an email to get a confirmation from FIAT itself
    The reason i would say so is because its an OEM Replacement by FIAT , no other XYZ Service team would ideally determine the change
    and give you a concrete confirmation on this except for FIAT !

Please mark a mail as per below CRP (Contact Repository Pool) / DL (Distribution LIst)

Check URL : http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9

Cheers
    TND
  5. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Hi TND,

Concorde motors called me today and told that the they are going to update my ECU. I told them that my car is pretty new, the SA replied that my chassis number is in the list of cars that needs ECU update. Out of curiosity what this ECU does anyways.. I mean technically... Do you have any idea?

Regards,
    Arun
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ECU - is an electronic control unit. Depending on the function of the ECU, it controls the engine or body electrical functions of the vehicle. It is almost similar to the CPU of an computer though technically much more simple in functionality. A modern vehicle can have several ECUs controlling various functions.
    An ECU update means the software program controlling the ECU will be updated which may be done either by flashing or replacing the ECU itself.
  7. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guys!

I remember my son reading this topic and told me to check on this issue. I have tried this at several times but my car responds and I havent faced this issue at all over the last 8100Klms. Maybe just a Lucky Piece !!

8. Hi Arun ,
    Buddy ECU is the embedded onto a Microprocessing Chip and is Mapped with essential programs which controls various hardware within the engine bay
    for controlling output from an engine. This is just an ACC/manual ECU update only nothing related to performance.
    In other words FIAT is calling it as NEW AC KIT
    comes with a bigger fan , the new compressor cut off point which i suppose is mapped with this FIAT's ECU
    I think its a vital to observe and check once after the update has taken place - verify with your Braking problem ?
    Fingers Crossed ! Sumthing good should happen ::T

Cheers
    TND
  9. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Thanks TND and Roy J,

So it is something like a BIOS in computer (low level firmware). Sorry I am trying to co-relate it with my computer knowledge. And I also guess that ECU update is more to do with firmware and they are not going to change any part inside (correct me if I am wrong). But SA also asked me the color of my car. Don't know how this relates to the color of my car.... I also asked him if this will fix my break issue, for which he said it wont. As you said I am keeping my fingers crossed.

-Arun
  10. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Thats good to hear, but can you tell me as how you tried recreating this issue. I might throw some light here ::O