1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 a beautiful car with one major issue!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by arun_chak, Nov 23, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I forgot one issue. There is a Brake proportionate valve. Check it.
    Iam not sure that GP has brake proportionate valve or not. FIAT UNO has this valve.
    if yes then it may be culprit.

Generally this valve is neglected while solving any brake problem. We only gives attention to brake Pad,liner,booster,brake fluid & brake bleeding etc. But this valve plays important role in braking system of car.
    So check it. & play one more gamble. Replace it on your own cost.

BTW Iam also facing brake problem of my M Dzire VDi.
    Even I apply brake gently,brake grabs & lock the front wheel. ::OO :A

Maruti has not solved my problem of too much urgent braking.
    I showed problem thrice times.But SA & technicians of Maruti denys the problem.

They gives funny & irresponsible answers as follows.
    " Sir at front there is Disk brake. So there is urgent brake. & at Rear there is liner brake.So at rear there is less braking power" :A ::OO

As it they assume that I am a owner of TATA NANO,who has purchased 4 wheeler for the first time in life.

Problem of my GP has not been solved. I wrote approx.100 mails to FIAT & TATA.
    But nobody is taking interest to solve my problem. All FIAT & TATA people blames to fuel quality.

I don't understand that if other owner's GP are running fine on the same quality of fuel then why mine is not ?

My Dzire also gives huge Turbo lag due to bad fuel.

If GP has better drivability than Swift,then GP should better drivability even there is bad fuel. Isn't it ?

Iam not able to judge that if this problem is due to bad fuel OR is there is any problem in my car?

Sorry for being OFF TOPIC.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

I don't think you need anything to get it checked. I've also experienced exact same symptoms in my Linea that you explained after AC upgrade. It stalls sometimes while starting from 1st gear. Instead of the earlier level of release of clutch to start the car rolling without stalling, I've to now release the clutch slightly lesser to avoid stalling. However, in 1st & 2nd gear, the car is hungry to pounce on like a cheetah now ::D .
    You should also ask him if that car's steering rattles, if Hyundai officials or dealers are not ready to repair it nor ready to accept that there is an issue (lots of threads on the web), if AC in his car ever cools, if he needs to throttle hard to generate enough power to move his car, if he gets any response from Hyundai officials if he escalates any such issues etc etc.

To quantify it, majority of the owners (except for only 3-4 owners on this thread) have not faced any such issues in GP 1.2
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I say it again, there was some issue with brake hardness. But but but, FIAT has taken care it slightly by providing some extra power to brake booster.

We drove my car and Mohits (TFI ID- yougotme) back to back. Mine with new (Updated ECU) and his was with stock. There was some difference and his car was behaving like mine prior to upgrade.

Pressing clutch fully definitly improve brake effectiveness but this is basis driving skill too. Its not a special skill to drive 1.2.

What I can say now, there is no issue with brakes now. What we need to do is, forget about brake issue and enjoy this beauty.
  4. kalis

Guys - though a problem is reported by 3-4 still its a problem..

I'm ready to sell my car is any one ready to purchase?? If yes please send your Ph # to krcatchy@gmail.com so that we can negotiate the price
  5. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

I read this thread till the second page when i came across this excellent post.
    The last line says it all. and it applies to to 2 wheelers as well.
    No offences but we have to evolve ourselves from Maruti and Hero-Honda standards.

Happy Fiating...
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Kalis, your car may have some issues and prior to sell it out, you can proceed in legal manner. File a case in consumer court and ask for your money.
    During the course FIAT may check your car properly and get it rectified. Why you loose your hard earned money. Just a suggestion.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

But then, except 3-4 owners, none of the owners faced such an issue. In fact, Ratan's, Sai's & countless other 1.2 owners' experience says it completely otherwise. Some of them have posted their experience on this thread as well.

Yes but then the problem must not be generalised & portrayed that it's due to faulty design. The problem then could be due to something else which has been discussed in this thread in detail.
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @kalis - y dont u get the ac upgrade done and check if the problem still exists or nt .. Y give away such a wondeful car ...

Recently I had tried a lot to imitate this [on an open rd ] , but failed .. tried pumping the clutch pedal many tyms ,,, still the brakes were wrking lyk a charm ... Mine had undergone the ac upgradation ,,,
    Earlier while reversing at tight spots I used to feel the car moving with the brakes fully pressed [along with the clutch ofcourse ],,
    bt thought it to be a minds play ... Nw I dont face it ...

9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Yes, this is what I say always. Something has been tuned up by FIAT with ECU upgrade. Me too not able to re-create this issue now and I am sure, i can create this issue in 2-3 seconds in any car which has not gone for ECU upgrade.
  10. arun_chak

Do they update the ECU during A/C retro kit installation?