1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.2 a beautiful car with one major issue!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by arun_chak, Nov 23, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Buddy i had a very detailed discussion about your car at Tejaswi today... We are all here to help each other and enjoy the car which we bought with hard earned money... I suggest you to meet all of us during Hyd Chapter meet and we can help you resolve the issue... Few of us are meeting this sunday for the FCCH meet... check "Meet at Hyderabad" thread for the same... If you can spare some time and come over.... FIAT make wonderful cars and you too will agree to this once your braking issue gets resolved... Trust me...

Well said buddy.... about the two things you mentioned.... for first one, what is the present ODO kms in your car... it get a lot better with age.. mainly after second service and all 1.2 owners will agree to this.
    for the second one... FIAT is trying really hard and guess what they are only ones who provide RSA in remote locations too... Kudos to TFI, it actually helps in getting better service as all the Service Centers @ Hyd know the forum and a very much focusing on their image front here and thus provide a lot better service to most of us.
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

VP, you are right about CD, but, in initial stage they replaced ECUs for few cars and then started reprogramming. I think, I was the first person in Delhi to get it replaced. I got is replaced after esclating cooling issue to FIAT Management. I was asked they new ECU is available in ABS and Automobile steerling. I opted to got to Automobile steerling.
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Yes buddy, my car is very close to 21K and there was clear change in the performance of the car after second service. Today, me Vijayant and Nitin Kapoor met and Nitin Kapoor drove my car (He likes to push the car). He too said that pickup of my 1.2 is very good.

One thing is for sure.. FIAT demands for driving sense.
  4. arun_chak

arun_chak

Chennai
    Nitin - I also want to check another aspect which is speed to rpm ratio. I see that my car reaches 90Kmph (5th gear) at 3000rpm. Is it acceptable or should it be more?
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Kalis, have you tried the solution which I had given ?

I can understand that it will be very horrible experience that not a single TATA guy is capable to solve your problem.

Iam also going through this stage.

You have written very hard words about brake problem of your car. But truth is always bitter.

I think TATA guys are unable to solve problems of worldclass FIAT Cars. OR they are purposly giving bad treatment to FIAT Customers.

In my case TATA is also not accepting that there is problem of low torque & poor performance in my car.

The dealer connects ECU-Examiner & shows " No-Errors" & certifies " ALL IS WELL" :A

But these TATA guys forgets that even there is computerised ECU Scanner. Human Brain is the big daddy of all computers.

Its not important that what are the ECU readings. Importance should be given what a owner is sensing while operating the car. In some problems ECU Scan may be complete hogwash.

Finally I will say "to purchase FIAT car is like a gambling".

If the car is running without any big issue then you are lucky. :dancing

& if not then God save you from pathetic & natorious TATA dealers.
    You have to bear that problem until you do not sold that bad piece. :A
  6. kalis

kalis

Hyderabad
    Bhai,

I spend lot of time discussing, explaining the problem with almost all of them FIAT, TATA motors ect, but the answer is CONSISTENT that everything is good, also some people who have earlier said about horrible experience with this car now say tht punto is a wonderful car especially arun.. so i'm vexed with this problem.. you try to work from your side and see if your service provider at your area atleast will help you out. WE HAVE TAKEN THE WORST CAR OF THE MILLENIUM n we are the victims..
  7. kalis

kalis

Hyderabad
    Today I drove my colleague I20 1.2 , and its fine, trust me guys the brake problem is with PUNTO 1.2
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think nobody is capable to solve your problem. If you love the model beside this problem,then in this condition
    Change Brake Oil,Brake Pads,Brake Liners,Brake Master cylinder,Wheel cylinder slave kit & brake booster at your own cost. Get the whole brake system new. This is the last remeady.

Some time ASS personnels can't dignosis the problem. At that time customer has to do paid job. :uh
  9. kalis

kalis

Hyderabad
    No Bhai... Infact Brake oil, booster etc were already changed.. The problem is with the car/ model not only with my car.. Is your problem rectified??
  10. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guys!

Finally found some time to come online today.

I have never faced this problem Guys Prior to the AC upgrade Kit was fixed and niether post the Upgrade.But somehow after the Ac kit was fixed mt car stalls at imes and especiallywhen I am reversing the car stalls and the engine cuts off. Now I am used to this issue also and i rev a bit when I need to Reverse.

Somehow I need to find time and go to the workshopand have it checked!!