1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pune-Murudeshwar-Kollur-Mangalore-Kannur [1000KM] - Sept 29-Sept 30th 2012.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by RollingIce, Sep 30, 2012.

1. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Hi Guys,

I just completed a trip from Pune to Kannur. Left Pune on morning of Sept 29th, 5:00 am. Took a brief halt at murudeshwar and left for mookambika. Stayed overnight at mookambika, kollur.
    I have reached Kannur today at around 5:30pm. Could not hold back the excitement , so starting the thread today :)

Major Updates :

Roads are pretty good at most of the places. Punto says avg speed of 55Kmph and travel time of 18hrs, 19KMPL .

Bhatkal to kundapura Road is pathetic. A fishing rod is more suitable for this patch. Something on the windshield caused a blurred vision as if oil had spilled and I had a tough time driving in the drizzle. I later cleaned in with newspaper and glass stayed clear. I will check it tomorrow again .Please avoid this road after sunset.

Route Taken :
    Pune, Maharashtra to Murudeshwara, Karnataka - Google Maps

Car update :

minor issue : At Kolhapur, I found the plastic pad under the right front fender melted. Seems like the pad had a loose screw and the tire rubbed against it causing it to melt away. I had complained about the missing screw during my last service, but then screw was not available and I thought it won't matter much. I think I can wait till I am back.
    The engine guard sheet did rub at many places, I haven't done a detailed inspection yet.

I will give details of the trip once I am back from my vacation. If any TFI'an is planning for a trip via this road within the next 10 days , you can post your Qs here. I will provide as much info as possible.

Thanks,
    Srijit.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Srijit, Waiting for the details. Please give a detailed review of the road condition from Manglore to Goa. I was about to make a trip to Coorg and cancelled it in last moment. Heard from people that the road is pathetic.
    19kmpl is pretty good considering the road condition.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay that was a nice trip. But where are the photos?
  4. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Some pics from the trip

Reached back on Sunday.
    Kerala_visit_2012 - a set on Flickr

@sungoa2010 : udupi to kumtha is pathetic....... don't drive at night. Potholes were big enough to accommodate the whole car. Had to drive in 1st and 2nd.
    The first thing I did after coming back was to straighten the stone guard under the engine. Two flat tires after I reached home.
    Having said that , some of the roads were wonderful even in forest area. Punto drive was vanilla over the ghats :) .
    Will keep adding details.

Thanks,
    Srijit

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

A minor update :
    Cops caught me @ kerala border for sunfilms. I argued about 70% transparency n all. Then he said sunfilm not allowed. Paid a fine of Rs 100/-. This happened somewhere @kasargod. If caught don't argue, pay the fine and leave.

-Srijit
  5. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Srijit,

Incase we take NH4 till Tumkur/Nelamangala and travel to Kunnur/Thalassery will it be faster & roads better?

Kiran