1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pune Mumbai Meet 27th Sep 2014, Report Pg 10 Onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Sep 14, 2014.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @sudipz : you can pay me at the venue. For Mumbai meeting point & co-ordination details please message @Aniket and/or @FastLove
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 25, 2014 ---
    Pune Member's Travel Plan:

1. We will meet at Joshi Vadewale, Wakad (opposite Indira College) at 7.45 am
    2. Have some quick snacks (vada pav, tea etc) and leave Joshi Vadewale by 8.45 am
    3. We proceed towards the meet venue taking the old highway. Wakad - Somatane - Kamshet - Pavana. (Google Maps Link : http://goo.gl/maps/x5Nc3)
    4. The distance is around 45-50 kms and it will take us an hour to hour and fifteen minutes to reach. We stick to old highway till Kamshet. At Kamshet we take a left turn on the highway to a road that takes us towards Pawana. From that left turn the meet venue is 17.3 kms. It is imperative that we reach early so that we can reserve the good parking spots for ourselves.
    5. This 17.3 km patch is good / bad / average in stretches. But not really bad. Underbody won't scrape. There is a small narrow ghat. In case there is a bus that is coming from the other side we will have to pull over. I suggest we do not take this ghat all cars at once but do so in batches of 3-4 cars.
    6. Once we reach the venue we park our cars and wait for Mumbai members to join.
    When all members are at the venue we call for the boats and start going in groups to the island. Do note that the boats won't ferry for individual members. We will be transported only in groups.

Stuff to get: (This is common for both Pune & Mumbai members)

1. Your FIAT car ! :p
    2. Caps, sunglasses (Don't wear the cap in the boat. It will fly off)
    3. If you are not comfortable with outside water : your own stock of water bottles
    4. Camera
    5. Badminton rackets and shuttles, playing cards, cricket equipment
    6. Spare clothes - in case it rains and you decide to have a blast in the rain!
    7. Please wear comfortable sports shoes
    I will update this thread if something more comes to my mind.

Amogh
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! Now this is going to be an interesting one. Hope the people missing this meet will miss it more once we post the pics later. :p
  3. thefiatguy

thefiatguy Novizio

pune
    Hi,
    I am in a fix. Had left my Punto at Pandit, for second service and to get ABS issue resolved yesterday. They have not been able to resolve the ABS issue yet and I am doubtful if they will deliver my car today. Can I ride along someone for the meet?
  4. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Why not buddy! Just be on time at meeting point. :)
  5. thefiatguy

thefiatguy Novizio

pune
    Thanks a ton ....I got my baby so no problems now...
    MakeTheMove likes this.
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Posting my email to all mumbai members again here (if I missed any email id)

1. All of you coming from Mumbai , Thane and Navi Mumbai will have to start early so that we assemble at our first Meeting Point , Khargar . Time : 7:15am
    2. While coming from Mumbai, as you reach Khargar , take a Left into Khargar (opp Hiranandani/ITM) . We will Line-up the convoy near ITM for a Quick intro and a short briefing on the route & a quick photo session . We have to keep this Stop-over short as we need to take a break for breakfast on the route.
    3. 7:30 am - We will start our Drive from Khargar . Total distance Khargar to Meet Venue - 90km
    4. Breakfast halt 815am - Food Plaza , Express highway after first toll.

5. Final leg : Leave food plaza by 9:00am for Lohagad boat club.
    6. We expect to Reach the Venue by 1030am. (Latest before 11am)
    7. Pune team will join us directly at the Resort.
    Few Important Points to remember :(added by amogh)
    a. It is imperative that we reach early so that we can reserve the good parking spots for ourselves.
    b.The Final stretch of the journey of about 17 km patch is good / bad / average in stretches. But not really bad. Underbody won't scrape. There is a small narrow ghat. In case there is a bus that is coming from the other side we will have to pull over. I suggest we do not take this ghat all cars at once but do so in batches of 3-4 cars.
    c. If you haven't transfered the Meet Contribution of Rs. 850 yet , you can pay at the Venue.
    d. Carry appropriate Clothing, footwear ,Towel , accessories etc in your car
    For any queries , please feel free to call me 9967077864 or Aniket - 9833040219
    Look forward to see you all tomorrow.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :)Wow! The plan looks fantastic and exciting. Have a great time guys. Good to see Pune- Mumbai and Blore meet happening back to back.
    nkrishnap and FastLove like this.
  8. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Enjoy guys. Have a safe trip and blast meet. Waiting for the pics.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When will we start respecting someone else's time ? Disappointing to say the least.
  10. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    It was delightful meeting so many friends.
    A big thanks to those who took the trouble to organize this meet.
    Thanks a pile.