1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pune Mumbai Meet 27th Sep 2014, Report Pg 10 Onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Will miss the event as usual, AS can join omly for the events in Monsoon..

But will enzoi the meet with the pictures that's posted
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pragalbha registered
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    We will be sharing details on the Meeting point for Mumbai team and the route for the convoy shortly.

Aniket,Myself and Amogh have visited the venue from mumbai and pune respectively.

Amogh will be updating the Venue details followed by Mumbai Team plan which I will be sharing with all.
    pratul81 and Ravi like this.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear All,

There is a change in the plan of the meet. Details are as follows:

@Aniket @FastLove and I visited the venue over the past couple of days. Our observations were as follows:

1. There is no point adding to the crowd of the already crowded resort. This resort is a popular destination and is crowded on the weekends. (Aniket saw a big group on Friday too!. Fastlove & I saw a large crowd today)
    2. With so much crowd around we won't be able to spend quality time with each other. It would just be a gathering of people among many other people trying to have a conversation
    3. There is a huge rush for the boating activities too and it is almost a no-brainer that all of us would go for it! You can't just miss the thrill given the beautiful blue waters and the amazing landscape This would result in delays and waiting times as all of us would line up and the boats are limited.
    What we wanted was the following:
    1. A dedicated place for all of us where we can spend some good time together.
    2. Good quality food with preferably some local flavour / dishes. (Veg + Non-Veg)
    3. A place where the children / ladies can relax if they feel tired
    After much deliberation and discussion with the resort owners, HVK (who through his Central Hotel Desk helped us with the bookings) and based on what we observed at the resort here is what we concluded:

1. There is a small hillock / island on the opposite side of the main boating venue.
    2. We will have that entire place to ourselves. The view from that place is stunning. We get to see the entire Pavna dam and it's waters from this area. (Check pictures and video below)
    3. The island is about 1 km from the boating venue. The resort owners will transport all of us there by boat. Thus all of us get to experience and enjoy the boat ride (trust me it's fun!)
    4. Food will be served there
    5. There are four rooms there that would be made available to us. We will keep two rooms for the ladies + children while two for the gentlemen to freshen up, change etc
    6. Once we have afternoon tea the boats will drop us back (another boat ride!)
    7. The food will be good local home cooked food comprising of both veg and non-veg choices.
    To accommodate the changed plan the cost per person is now Rs.850/- per person instead of 650/-. The increased cost is mainly due to the boat ride. Children below 10 years of age will have no charge. But still that is reasonable because we would have spent 400-500 per person easily on the boat rides if we would have stuck to our earlier plan.

With the above plan all our three aims are addressed:
    1. We get the entire place to ourselves
    2. Good food
    3. Four rooms where one can relax
    Now for some images and video of the *new* venue

Boarding the boat

On the way to the island (this is from the boat)

Note: We go to the big hill / island behind the small island (The boat in the picture is going to the small island)

Reaching the island

This is the view from the island (Youtube Video)

Looking at the venue I have no doubt that all of us will have a lot of fun!

I am extremely sorry for this change but I am damn sure that this change is for the good! :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

This is just amazing. I am sure it is going to be thrilling as well.

But we will get very less time checking, clicking and discussing each others beauties.
    rishike007 and pronoy_banerjee like this.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @mchanna : Yes! That, unfortunately, is true. But maybe post the afternoon tea we will find out some time to do that. Or before we go to the island. Will figure that out once we are at the venue (I have a feeling it is going to happen before!)

One thing I forgot to add is that : the parking, although open, is well secured. There is going to be one dedicated security guy who will look after our cars.
    Aniket and pronoy_banerjee like this.
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Before makes more sense!

Usually "go home" turbo kicks in immediately after lunch and lasts till high tea ;-)

Good to hear about the dedicated security. Bit relaxed now :)
    pronoy_banerjee and MakeTheMove like this.
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    There is this space bang opposite the entrance gate to the resort where we can park the cars for a photoshoot (check out the picture ) .

Being on the opp side of the road ..it would be a sight for the onlookers as well :)

I propose that we assemble on this ground and have the "FIAT"session before proceeding to the resort and the island.

One very important thing is reaching early to capture the spot .

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 21, 2014 ---
    This is a lonely FIAT captured yesterday on the ground...I think we will all give her company on 27th :)

9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Great!!this will be a cracker of a meet!!
    But sadly, I wont be able to be a part of it.:(

Have loads of fun friends!
  10. nileshdd

nileshdd Timido

How safe is the boat ride? Do they have sufficient life jackets? How many ppl will be on the boat at a time? Given that we have lots of people to transport to/from the island. :)