1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pune Bangalore Road Condition

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Gmittal, Aug 8, 2011.

1. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Yes Ravi. I will update the thread. Due to some respite in the rains, the authorities have started working on the roads. Hopefully the roads now will be in better shape.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    day light robbery with toll of 200 INR(Stretch from Islampur till pune) and kind off roads.big queues on toll.
    The diversion roads are like hell.Due to rains the roads have gone very bad,you can expect potholes from nowhere.
    My overall experience,you wil never enjoy the ride that too paying toll of 200INR.Volvos/govt bus are more preferrable on this route.
  3. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hello All,
    Completed my trip to bangalore. The roads are good in most part of the journey.

First the good part :

Roads after satara are good which only becomes better once you cross kolhapur. With three lane roads in karnataka I could drive at 120-130 easily.

Now the Bad Part:
    Avoid travelling the Satara-pune patch anytime during the day. It's one of the worst part of the journey with people standing on the road for lifts(not 1 or 2 but atleast 15-20 including school children), people buying fruits on the roadside shops with least regards to other people travelling on the highway and to top it all the tolls which are not only expensive but are poorly managed with cars crisscrossing each other to get ahead. Absolute horror.
    [TABLE="width: 290"]
    <tbody>
    Listed below in the toll fees

Khed Shivapur

Anewadi

Taswade

Kini

Kognoli

Hattargi

Belgaum Dharwad tollway limited

Bankapur Toll Plaza

Hubli dharwad bypass

Chalageri

Hebbalu

Guilalu

Karjivanhalli

Tumkur KM65.5

Nelmangala KM 29

Plaza at KM 26.02

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Total distance travelled (From my house in baner to Rajaji Nagar and back) : 1755
    Average as per MID: 20.3
    Average speed as per MID: 70

I started at 4:10 AM from Pune and reached rajaji nagar at 4:40 PM in the evening. Journey back was much more sober with plenty of breaks. Started around 4:30 AM from Bangalore and reached pune around 7:00 PM.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Once you enter in maharashtra the NH-4 road is very bad to travel.The money we are paying is not worth.Also the stretch from Satara to Kolhapur.:mad:
  5. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its a concrete evidence of corruption in Maharashtra. Once you cross nipani after kolhapur, the road suddenly changes And feels as if it is a autobahn. Cheers to Karnataka's infrastructure! We here in MH are looted everyday paying toll and enjoying a off road excursion.
    1 person likes this.