1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pune Bangalore Road Condition

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Gmittal, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Need to know about the road condition between Pune and Bangalore. last year when I did the same route, it was very good, but want to know if it is the same after the monsoon. I am driving to B'lore on Thursday.

Thanks,
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    NH 4 is not affected by monsoon unlike Mumbai roads. However, just like last year, two railway level crossings still remain bottlenecks between Haveri and Ranebennur.
  3. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Thanks for the update Ravi Sir.
    By mistake I deleted your PM that you sent me last year, By any chance do you have that. It was very helpful with having all the info about fuel stations and restos.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I just searched my mail folders. Even I did the house-keeping by clearing all old messages. But here are the details.
  5. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Thanks a lot sir.
  6. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    I did Mumbai - Bengaluru last month (1st week of July) and the roads are pretty good. I left Mumbai around 6 AM and reached home in B'lore around 10:30 pm with a total of 2 hours break. I would suggest you find out about hotels that you would want to stop for breakfast, lunch and other stuff.

Some sections of the road (the quadrilateral) is not under Toll as yet, and becomes 1 way, but hardly any traffic all along. I don't recollect exactly, but I guess total toll comes upto around 700 bucks from Pune.

Cheers,
    Naveen
  8. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Thanks nitinjd, Naveen.
    Trip is completed. Roads are in well shape except the stretch from Kolhapur to Pune. I will calculate the total toll and post here.
  9. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hello All,

Has anyone travelled from Pune to Bangalore recently? I am planning to go there on 15th August.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I understand that stretch from Satara to Pune has developed a lot of potholes due to monsoon rains especially on the diversions thanks to road-widening works. Even my Linea would be going on this stretch in another month's time. Kindly update this thread after performing the journey.