1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pune –Shirdi - Ajanta& Ellora route queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Flywheel, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I plan to head to Ajanta Ellora this weekend and would like to know the best route to take. I am thinking of visiting Shirdi as well and would need some suggestions on the best route. A couple of options I looked at

1. Pune – Ahmendnagar – Shirdi – Ellora – Aurangabad (Night halt)- Ajanta Caves – Aurangabad- Ahmendnagar – Pune
    2. Pune - Chakan (Nashik road) – Shirdi – Ellora – Aurangabad(Night halt) – Ajanta Caves- Aurangabad- Ahmendnagar – Pune
    I would like to know the current condition of the Pune Nashik road since the 20 or 30 kilmeters on the Nagar –Shiridi road are pretty bad the last time I used it.
    Also, what is the best route to take from Shirdi to Ellora and how good/bad are the roads?
    Any alternate plan suggestions are welcome :) . Thanks in advance
  2. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Route 1 makes sense despite bad patch you mentioned. Known devil is better than unknown friend.
    I hope you are planning to visit other places like Ghrushneshwar temple, Bibi ka Makbara, Daulatabad fort as well.

Wish you a very happy journey in advance buddy!
    1 person likes this.
  3. AbhishekShandilya

AbhishekShandilya Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I'll opt for route1, Pune-Ahemadnagar-Shirdi-Shanisingnapur-Aurangabad-Ellora. Please note that Ajanta caves closed on Monday and Ellora caves closed on Tuesday.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Thanks guys for the suggestions and I do plan to visit the other places as well :) , I do one question though, @abhishek - you have mentioned this route, why not this route? With the second route I have mentioned I save around a 100 Kms but the condition of roads is unknown- any ideas?
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  5. edurgesh

edurgesh Novizio

Pune
    Last time I visited all that 3 years ago and took the following route:

01. Pune
    02. Ahmednagar
    03. Shani Shingnspur temple (from Ahmednagar highway)
    04. Shirdi temple
    <night halt="">(Night halt)
    05. Shirdi temple
    06. Aurangabad (via Shrirampur & Nawasafata)</night>
    07. Ellora caves
    (Night halt)
    08. Bibi ka Makbara
    09. Daulatabad fort
    10. Ghrushneshwar temple
    11. Ajanta
    (night halt)
    12. Ajanta caves
    13. Aurangabad
    14. Ahmednagar
    15. Pune

At that time most of the roads were good. Pune-Aurangabad highway was excellent, Shirdi-Shrirampur-Nawasafata road was OK, and Auranga-Ajanta road was good except few bad patches.

We started late form Pune and took 3 night halts, but I think all this it can be covered with 2 halts as well.

Happy Journey! :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Last time I also checked about that route via Kopergaon-Vaijapur because it's shorter, but was advised not to go that route by several people at Shiri because of bad road conditions. Not sure how is that now. If someone has recently visited, he can comment.
    1 person likes this.
  6. AbhishekShandilya

AbhishekShandilya Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I don't have any update about Mumbai(Kopergaon)-Aurangabad(2 lane road) road. Road after Shirdi till Kopargaon is in very bad condition. that's why suggested via Singnapur.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Thanks guys for the suggestions, I will stick to going via Singnapur.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Think about Nashik (Trambakeshwar) as well, 90 Kms from Shirdi
  9. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    On July 30th did a trip to Mumbai:Shirdi from Bangalore.

Started from Bangalore at 6AM on July 3oth, reached Hubali at 11AM, caught in highway strike for river dispute.
    Left HUbali at 5PM, reched Mumbai at 1 AM.

Trip meter show 14.23 hours of drive with fuel economy of 17.6.

After spending 4 days in Mumbai with it's rain, on 4th of August 7AM started the journey for Shirdi.

Heavy traffic jam witnessed near Thane, reached Shirdi at 1PM.
    I have booked my darshan tickets online, so Darshan completed in 1 hour. Spent the night in Shirdi.

On 5th August, started journey for Bangalore at 6AM.
    Follow google map and had encounter with most horrible type roads in my life till Satara by Dound.(Honest request, please avoid this road)
    Reached Bangalore at 11:30PM.

Sorry guys,, I was the only driver so could not click any pics during drive and my wife was busy with 2 year kid. :(

Finally, My wife says what a Driver we have got !!!!!!
    kedarbendre and PradeepM like this.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    This matters a lot!!! I have so far not been able to convince my wife with my driving. She watches my behaviour to hooligans on the road makes me fail in the test.
    pdash likes this.